Music - What are you listening to?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Barnbud

Post by Barnbud »

I love classical music, particularly sound tracks (John Williams, Howard Shore to name a few), another style I love is musicals (fiddler on the roof, Les Miserables).
“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Recently one of my favourite bands- Epica- has released a new album. Nothing new in terms of musical direction, they still tread the same ground, but there are some new interesting melodies.
Here's one of the singles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0gHINHBeyk
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
MariaS

Post by MariaS »

Some classical, especially piano (love Ravel). Some Gregorian chant. Lately a CD by Michala Petri, who plays the recorder. A delightful instrument when played properly. A nice instrument to learn, too!

I also like rock/pop from the 1970's & 1980's. Fun music to listen to in the car on long road trips! 8-)
Maria S.
________
To reach something good it is very useful to have gone astray, and thus acquire experience. St Teresa of Avila
smokie

Post by smokie »

My musical tastes are constantly evolving. Right now, I'm pretty heavy into Harry Nillsson, Johnny Paycheck, Tom Waits and Cyril Scott (composer/writer). I love music and even if its not my tastes, i can usually grasp the appeal.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

I listen to mostly pop/rock and showtunes, along with the occasional hip hop. I like really almost everything except country. For some reason I find country music extremely irritating. My current musical obsession is Tegan and Sara, whom I discovered a few months ago and couldn't believe what I'd been missing out on.
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Latest obsessions:

Lake Street Dive
St. Vincent
David Bourne & St. Vincent (saw them live -- exceeded all my expectations)

New Deadmau5 coming out soon!
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I am on a bit of a Country and Western phase at the moment so

Keith Urban
Billy Ray Cyrus
Tim McGraw
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

Lately I've been listening to a lot of electronica - but not just any electronic music. I see that people tend to have a lot of misconceptions about electronica. Even within electronica, I prefer to listen to electrosoul and downtempo and which is heavy on the vocals.
Also, I tend to listen to a lot more obscure and indie artists who completely make music on their own. Here are 2 artists who are brilliant! --->

Jordan Rakei
https://soundcloud.com/jordan-rakei

Binkbeats
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPdp_RAwS93XCBeAnSTLq7g
Anusha - My LV page, and Some of My Music!
bd150978

Post by bd150978 »

It's got to be 'Two Steps From Hell' for me (scary name, beautiful music!), I love epic cinematic music and those guys and gals at TSFH are the masters. I bet a lot of you have heard "Heart of Courage" but never knew who did it. TSFH that's who! :mrgreen:

As long as it isn't rap or hardcore techno, I like pretty much anything, rock, country and easy/classical being my faves, Josh Groban, The Beatles, Alter Bridge and Rascal Flatts would be in my top five.
Rob

https://librivox.org/reader/8902

Post by commonsparrow3 »

The Rochester International Jazz Fest is here this week. Besides the big-name ticketed shows in the theaters and clubs, which are too rich for our blood, there's also a full schedule of free shows on open street stages all over downtown -- and those free shows are exactly right for our budget! The street shows begin each afternoon with the best of the local amateur groups -- which around here are very good, because most of the musicians are students or professors at the Eastman Music School. Then at 7 and 9 pm there are the name acts. Most of the street-show headliners are also doing club shows on other nights -- (And we get to hear the same act free? Can't beat that!) So we will be spending most evenings this week tapping our feet on Gibbs Street (rechristened Jazz Street for the week) -- and hoping it doesn't rain!
If anyone is wondering why my LV sections are languishing lately, that explains it.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Hears a list of what I like listening to:
Sons of Korah
Nathan Tasker
Paul Wilbur
Phil Keaggy
Gary Honour

I also like listening to the great composers. I don't very much though. And also I life listening to Librivox Christmas carols. Yes, I know it isn't Christmas time, but I'm strange.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

I listen to a lot of Irish and Scottish music, especially laments (like Ashokan Farewell) and lots and lots and lots of bluegrass. Anybody else here obsessed with Celtic music? :mrgreen:
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

I'm really obsessed with two musicals - Les Miserables and The Phantom of the Opera!
I listen to them all the time :D

And sometimes, I enjoy famous pop songs - Beatles, Michale Jackson...

AND

Classics and Orchestral Soundtracks :)
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I bought the lastes album by Nightwish yesterday and it's been the main thing I'm listening to since then.
I don't buy many CDs now that I have access to Spotify but I decided to make an exception for one of my favourite bands :)

Nightwish-My Walden
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Dark Sanctuary... all of it...