What made you choose your nickname?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

My nickname is kinda a joke for my family. I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys. So since I have a hobby of raising cows (kinda a 4-H kind of thing) that I am a cow-guy or cowguy But it was not available so I added my birth year 02
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

cowguy02 wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 10:59 pm I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys.
Not that you're really asking, but I think this comes from the long cattle drives across the Midwest. :wink:
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

mightyfelix wrote: July 4th, 2019, 3:12 pm
cowguy02 wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 10:59 pm I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys.
Not that you're really asking, but I think this comes from the long cattle drives across the Midwest. :wink:
Well they actually herded cows. In my old neighborhood a lot of folks had horses and called themselves cowboys. :roll:
verycherrey

Post by verycherrey »

verycherrey is the username I created as my gamer name. My first gaming toon was named Cherry ... but spelled with the extra E (because cherry was taken) becoming Cherrey. Later I went to another site and CHERREY was taken .... I didn't want to be Cherrey#34668423948 ... so I added the adverb "very".

That ... I realize was a very technical explanation lol. Now ... why did I choose Cherry? NO CLUE!
A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the measure as I have received and am still receiving.

-Albert Einstein
verycherrey

Post by verycherrey »

cowguy02 wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 10:59 pm My nickname is kinda a joke for my family. I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys. So since I have a hobby of raising cows (kinda a 4-H kind of thing) that I am a cow-guy or cowguy But it was not available so I added my birth year 02
If you're actually a cow-guy ... shouldn't you call yourself "horseboy" :lol:
A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the measure as I have received and am still receiving.

-Albert Einstein
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Why did I choose johnnyenglish?

Because I have never met a Rowan Atkinson character that I didn't like - and
Johnny English, that superlative Special Agent with the British Secret Service
- is my favourite! 8-)
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
Adaphne

Post by Adaphne »

My real name is Laura, and Laura is pretty much just Latin version of the Greek name Daphne. I added the "a" for not good reason really, just to distinguish from any other possible Daphne here :lol:
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." - Franz Kafka
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

verycherrey wrote: July 7th, 2019, 12:10 am
cowguy02 wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 10:59 pm My nickname is kinda a joke for my family. I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys. So since I have a hobby of raising cows (kinda a 4-H kind of thing) that I am a cow-guy or cowguy But it was not available so I added my birth year 02
Good point......... (proceeds to question entire life...)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

verycherrey wrote: July 7th, 2019, 12:10 am
That sounds like a super hero name... a weird one at that though. :mrgreen:
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

My first dog of my very own was Max; I had him for more than 17 years.
Side note: "maxgal" is also my NaNoWriMo username.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
DerpFlavored

Post by DerpFlavored »

Ok, soooo... I know "DerpFlavored" is a weird nickname, :lol: and I chose it because it is unique, and I consider anyone who doesn't have numbers in his/her name an og
bruh:|
VelmaCariss

Post by VelmaCariss »

I like the letter V and Velma sounded close to velvet (which has 2 v's) so more readily came to mind than Veronica, Valerie, Victoria, or Vivian (Which actually does have 2 V's :shock: ) Also, I don't mind being confused with a smart, glasses wearing, key player in a beloved tv series.

I made up my last name based on my frustration with translations for soft (a key quality I wanted to sell about my voice). So I took the english word "caress" and modified it to Cariss.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I like velvet, which also has a soft quality :)
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

What made you choose your nickname?

My dog, she's a Lurcher, and she told me in no uncertain terms that it had to be what it is ...
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

I was looking for an online username that would not give any clue as to where, who, or what I am.
This was before librivox.
I used it here to save myself from any potential embarassment, like not being able to spell embarras, or reading terribly.
So, I'm looking around for some inspiration and found
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."