What made you choose your nickname?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » July 3rd, 2019, 10:59 pm

My nickname is kinda a joke for my family. I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys. So since I have a hobby of raising cows (kinda a 4-H kind of thing) that I am a cow-guy or cowguy But it was not available so I added my birth year 02
~Luke Castle
Due to school I am much busier then in the summer. Please bear with me as I work through my PL backlog.

Projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » July 4th, 2019, 3:12 pm

cowguy02 wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 10:59 pm
I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys.
Not that you're really asking, but I think this comes from the long cattle drives across the Midwest. :wink:
Devorah Allen

Readers wanted for:
Dramatic Reading of Doctor Dolittle's Post Office

I'm starting a new job on October 7! I'm so excited! :9: The downside is, even less recording time. :( But I am still around!

cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » July 4th, 2019, 8:40 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 3:12 pm
cowguy02 wrote:
I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys.
Not that you're really asking, but I think this comes from the long cattle drives across the Midwest. :wink:
Well they actually herded cows. In my old neighborhood a lot of folks had horses and called themselves cowboys. :roll:
~Luke Castle
Due to school I am much busier then in the summer. Please bear with me as I work through my PL backlog.

Bealby

verycherrey

Post by verycherrey » July 7th, 2019, 12:08 am

verycherrey is the username I created as my gamer name. My first gaming toon was named Cherry ... but spelled with the extra E (because cherry was taken) becoming Cherrey. Later I went to another site and CHERREY was taken .... I didn't want to be Cherrey#34668423948 ... so I added the adverb "very".

That ... I realize was a very technical explanation lol. Now ... why did I choose Cherry? NO CLUE!
A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the measure as I have received and am still receiving.

-Albert Einstein

verycherrey

Post by verycherrey » July 7th, 2019, 12:10 am

cowguy02 wrote:
My nickname is kinda a joke for my family. I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys. So since I have a hobby of raising cows (kinda a 4-H kind of thing) that I am a cow-guy or cowguy But it was not available so I added my birth year 02
If you're actually a cow-guy ... shouldn't you call yourself "horseboy" :lol:
A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the measure as I have received and am still receiving.

-Albert Einstein

johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish » July 16th, 2019, 10:32 am

Why did I choose johnnyenglish?

Because I have never met a Rowan Atkinson character that I didn't like - and
Johnny English, that superlative Special Agent with the British Secret Service
- is my favourite! 8-)
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...

Adaphne

Post by Adaphne » July 31st, 2019, 2:47 pm

My real name is Laura, and Laura is pretty much just Latin version of the Greek name Daphne. I added the "a" for not good reason really, just to distinguish from any other possible Daphne here :lol:
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." - Franz Kafka

cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » July 31st, 2019, 5:22 pm

verycherrey wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 12:10 am
cowguy02 wrote:
Good point......... (proceeds to question entire life...)
~Luke Castle

Bealby

ej400

Post by ej400 » July 31st, 2019, 9:03 pm

verycherrey wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 12:10 am
cowguy02 wrote:
That sounds like a super hero name... a weird one at that though. :mrgreen:

maxgal

Post by maxgal » August 31st, 2019, 4:57 pm

My first dog of my very own was Max; I had him for more than 17 years.
Side note: "maxgal" is also my NaNoWriMo username.
Louise
"every little breeze..."