What made you choose your nickname?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Breeze was a name a couple of my friends thought of once. They were calling me something else which sounded rather stupid(thought I), so I asked to be called something else. They have since forgotten all about and I am not going to remind them, but I thought it was kind of cool and started using it on the internet. It's also kinda short for my real name.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Fits your location, Breeze. :)
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Shi Neko means Purple Cat in Japanese (or so I think, I don't actually know Japanese. Well I know that "Shi" has many meanings). I have this nick for a long time already. At that time I was a huge anime fan, that is why it is in Japanese. Why it is "Purple Cat"... well, I don't know myself.
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello Nastya san,

So your nickname is 紫猫.
These are Chinese characters used in Japanese.
紫 means purple.
猫 means a cat.

Cheers,
Masa
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Thanks, Masa-san! I'll save this :)
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

What fun responses! :)
My real name is Rochelle, but I generally go by Elley. At the time I came up with this user name, cats were my favorite animal, and I thought "ElleyKat" was cute, sounds like alley cat... Which is why lots of emails and messages and things never get to me, because when I tell someone my username/email/whatever is "elleykat" they go send to "alleycat". LOL. Whoops!
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
GardenerOfStars

Post by GardenerOfStars »

So many cool names and responses here :)

My nick originates from a poem by Francis Thompson- "A Dead Astronomer"

Begins with

Starry amorist, starward gone,
Thou art--what thou didst gaze upon!
Passed through thy golden garden's bars,
Thou seest the Gardener of the Stars.

Hey, maybe I should go ahead and record that, LOL...

Have a great day,

Rebecca
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. (Mark Twain)
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

My real name is Rochelle
I have wondered for quite a while what your real name was! :roll: :lol:
MissTARDIS

Post by MissTARDIS »

My nickname is a rather new one (to me at least) as I've always gone by something Japanese or vaguely East European in the past, and I thought it was time to return to my roots a bit. I've recently been reintroduced to Doctor Who and I'm loving everything I can get my hands on (especially the classic series), and because my favorite colors are royal purple and T.A.R.D.I.S. Blue :!: I thought it rather fitting to go by Miss TARDIS.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Common Sparrow was the name of a series of essays I scribbled a few years ago, mostly thoughts arising from the weekly discussions with my group of church friends. I started using it as an online nickname because it seemed to fit me -- (not one of life's rare and beautiful birds, but loved anyway). One time, I couldn't use the name commonsparrow because it had been taken already, so I used commonsparrow3 instead. After that, I'd often get mixed up and forget which version of the name I was using where. So now I just use the version with the added "3" everywhere, even when the simpler version might be available, to save unnecessary wear and tear on my memory!
MultiMrWeb

Post by MultiMrWeb »

A long time ago when I joined YouTube, My username was a suggestion
Sincerely, Me
-----------------------------------
The Would You Rather Topic (Forum Game)
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

I used to be an enthusiastic boomeranger. No prizes for guessing my favourite model of choice...

Someone else seems to be using the name though as I often found it taken so in a few cases I also go by the name LittleGreenAlien - no real significance other than a couple of hours of trying to find a name that wasn't already taken on one site!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Wib66

When I first met my husband back in the 80's he was really into a UK band called 'The Stranglers'(sang Golden Brown) they also did an album called Men In Black (MIB) before the Men in Black films were around. They wore black at lot of the time and so did my husband(he still does now actually) On our first date I wore a very short black dress and he used to call me his Woman in Black (WIB). We worked for the same company but at different times of the day so we didn't always see each other. We used to leave little notes to each other at work on the days we didn't see one another. I would sign mine WIB and he would sign his MIB so if anyone found them they wouldn't know who they were from. The 66 is the year I was born and I have been using this as a username for a long time.

Love reading all the stories I hope this thread keeps going. :9:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
MultiMrWeb

Post by MultiMrWeb »

Cool!
Sincerely, Me
-----------------------------------
The Would You Rather Topic (Forum Game)
Slithy

Post by Slithy »

wib66 wrote: Love reading all the stories I hope this thread keeps going. :9:
The stories can be pretty amazing. Yours is a really sweet story that I would never have guessed from your username!