What made you choose your nickname?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Paks6

Post by Paks6 »

Paks is from my favourite book "The Deed of Paksenarrion" by Elizabeth Moon, and I have 6 children .
Paks 6

Natalie :D
Natalie Paula

Always take the road less travelled!
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

WoollyBee

The name of our family farm is Woolen Bee because we raise fiber sheep and bees (along with dairy goats, chickens - meat and eggs, quail, and turkeys). I changed the farm name up a bit for my nickname.
Last edited by WoollyBee on July 30th, 2014, 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
MrsGriever42605

Post by MrsGriever42605 »

My husband, for many years, has used the online alias Griever. We started dating on April 26, 2005 (42605). When he roped me into more and more online activities, I needed a name, so I became MrsGriever42605. He, of course, changed his name to Griever42605. Sometimes, when we're playing a game with mostly men, they think Hubby has 2 profiles and is pretending to be a girl :P Silly MMORPG players think girls aren't real. Pics or it didn't happen... *sigh*
English Andrew

Post by English Andrew »

My LibriVox user name is self-explanatory. My name is Andrew and I am English. I wanted to make it easy to know my gender and regional accent.

My Legamus.eu user name is Tuberous Chairs. When I was reading Tacitus' Histories for LibriVox, the text should have read "Under Tiberius, Gaius, and Claudius", but the text scanning software rendered the names of these three Roman Emperors as "Tuberous, Chairs, and Claudius".
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Hah! I always wondered about Tuberous Chairs. That is hilarious :).

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I went with MrsHand because that's my name. LOL

I started using it as an online id after I got married, but initially went with mrshand. I learned a lesson with that, because people couldn't decide if I was Mr Shand or Mrs Hand, and generally assumed the Mr.

So when I joined here, I decided to eliminate the confusion and use 'camel casing' as they say in the coding world, so that people would know that it's Mrs Hand.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

MrsHand wrote: I started using it as an online id after I got married, but initially went with mrshand. I learned a lesson with that, because people couldn't decide if I was Mr Shand or Mrs Hand, and generally assumed the Mr.
LOL!
SirQueezle

Post by SirQueezle »

If you read the Bartimaeus Trilogy, second book, there is a character, a djinn, who is named "Queezle". :) Because she appears technically as female I couldn't just take "Queezle". So I put "Lord" before it for my YouTube account, and "Sir" before it here. Thus you get "SirQueezle". :thumbs:
There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read. ~G.K. Chesterton
Tauriel

Post by Tauriel »

I picked Tauriel because I love the Lord of the Rings, and the Hobbit--books and movies. I would have preferred Arwen, but that was already taken. Anyway, Tauriel is pretty awesome, too! (Even if she isn't in the books :wink: )
~Vanessa Cooley (Tauriel)
_________
"She walks in starlight in another world..."
~Kili, The Desolation of Smaug
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Tauriel wrote:I picked Tauriel because I love the Lord of the Rings, and the Hobbit--books and movies. I would have preferred Arwen, but that was already taken. Anyway, Tauriel is pretty awesome, too! (Even if she isn't in the books :wink: )
I love LOTR too! I considered a whole bunch of LOTR character names when I was signing up (almost settled on Galadriel, though I never actually tried it so it may be taken anyway), but in the end I picked Hobbit because it covers so many characters. :)
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
Bassaga

Post by Bassaga »

Glad to see I'm not the only nerd around here. In the Final Fantasy series of video games, there are several levels of magic spells. The beginning spells will end with 'a' like Fira. The most advanced, heavy duty spells often end with 'aga' like Firaga. With that in mind, I sing bass, but a bassier bass that one thinks when one sees the word bass. I'm certainly not the most talented bass in the world, but I can keep up with the bassiest basses pretty well. So, as Firaga is the firiest type of fires, Bassaga ought to be the bassiest type of basses. It's simple math... or something...
"In this world... you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart; I recommend pleasant."
Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey"
Hanny

Post by Hanny »

Mine isn't a nickname, my own first name is just Hanny :D

It's funny to read how others came by their nickname :D
Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life
Cori

Post by Cori »

Hanny wrote:Mine isn't a nickname, my own first name is just Hanny :D
I approve of this way of doing things! :mrgreen:
Absolutely! I'd wondered about Tuberous Chairs too.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Hanny

Post by Hanny »

Cori wrote:
Hanny wrote:Mine isn't a nickname, my own first name is just Hanny :D
I approve of this way of doing things! :mrgreen:
Absolutely! I'd wondered about Tuberous Chairs too.
Haha. :D
What about your name? ;)
Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life
Cori

Post by Cori »

My first name is Cori. :mrgreen:

But there is a little twist, I suppose. Since Cori was a name I started using when I joined the net. And in the end it took over from my birth name offline too. Funny how these things go.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!