What made you choose your nickname?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » July 3rd, 2019, 10:59 pm

My nickname is kinda a joke for my family. I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys. So since I have a hobby of raising cows (kinda a 4-H kind of thing) that I am a cow-guy or cowguy But it was not available so I added my birth year 02
~Luke Castle
Limited wifi. Please bear with me until we get it fixed

My projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard Unprofessional Tales|DPL needed

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » July 4th, 2019, 3:12 pm

cowguy02 wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 10:59 pm
I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys.
Not that you're really asking, but I think this comes from the long cattle drives across the Midwest. :wink:

cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » July 4th, 2019, 8:40 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 3:12 pm
cowguy02 wrote:
I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys.
Not that you're really asking, but I think this comes from the long cattle drives across the Midwest. :wink:
Well they actually herded cows. In my old neighborhood a lot of folks had horses and called themselves cowboys. :roll:
~Luke Castle

Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard Unprofessional Tales|DPL needed

verycherrey

Post by verycherrey » July 7th, 2019, 12:08 am

verycherrey is the username I created as my gamer name. My first gaming toon was named Cherry ... but spelled with the extra E (because cherry was taken) becoming Cherrey. Later I went to another site and CHERREY was taken .... I didn't want to be Cherrey#34668423948 ... so I added the adverb "very".

That ... I realize was a very technical explanation lol. Now ... why did I choose Cherry? NO CLUE!
A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the measure as I have received and am still receiving.

-Albert Einstein

verycherrey

Post by verycherrey » July 7th, 2019, 12:10 am

cowguy02 wrote:
My nickname is kinda a joke for my family. I always like to say that I don't understand why people call horse owners cowboys. So since I have a hobby of raising cows (kinda a 4-H kind of thing) that I am a cow-guy or cowguy But it was not available so I added my birth year 02
If you're actually a cow-guy ... shouldn't you call yourself "horseboy" :lol:
A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the measure as I have received and am still receiving.

-Albert Einstein

johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish » July 16th, 2019, 10:32 am

Why did I choose johnnyenglish?

Because I have never met a Rowan Atkinson character that I didn't like - and
Johnny English, that superlative Special Agent with the British Secret Service
- is my favourite! 8-)
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...

Adaphne

Post by Adaphne » July 31st, 2019, 2:47 pm

My real name is Laura, and Laura is pretty much just Latin version of the Greek name Daphne. I added the "a" for not good reason really, just to distinguish from any other possible Daphne here :lol:
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." - Franz Kafka

cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » July 31st, 2019, 5:22 pm

verycherrey wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 12:10 am
cowguy02 wrote:
Good point......... (proceeds to question entire life...)
~Luke Castle

Bealby

ej400

Post by ej400 » July 31st, 2019, 9:03 pm

verycherrey wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 12:10 am
cowguy02 wrote:
That sounds like a super hero name... a weird one at that though. :mrgreen:

maxgal

Post by maxgal » August 31st, 2019, 4:57 pm

My first dog of my very own was Max; I had him for more than 17 years.
Side note: "maxgal" is also my NaNoWriMo username.
Louise
"every little breeze..."