Some Librivox Recordings On Audible

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Ruth, I was prompted to do a search of the EBAY sellers to see which ones do credit us. I found these:

Big Tex Audiobooks

Nice cheap collection This is a DVD and will not play on cd players.

wyndham_books

And one of my favorites:

coopaudiobook.

I've been looking at the ebay sellers so I could get large amounts of audio to my mom. The collection up there is nice but will only play on a computer.

I say boycott the sellers that don't mention us. (I considered emailing all of them saying that since they don't credit us, we are boycotting them as there are enough sellers who Do credit us.

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I got a bit of a snotty reply, but she did say:
I will start adding links to librivox in all my listing shortly.
I replied that that is all I wanted really, though I did (politely) take issue with her claiming that she was the creator.

(Well, reasonably politely :lol:) To her comment that "Once its in the public domain you can't take it back" I must admit I did rather tear in... not dreadfully keen on being lectured on the public domain by an eBayer, especially as I had suggested nothing of the sort. I explained that we welcomed eBay selling our stuff so that it was more widely available.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
JKirby

Post by JKirby »

Interesting thread given I've generated a few of the Librivox M4B audiobooks. I looked at the ALL IN DEALS amazon pages and found the image used for "Time Machine Mp3 [MP3 CD] by H G Wells" is an extract from the 1960 movie poster. I wonder if it is still under copyright? :hmm:
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I'm bringing up a REALLY old thread. When Audible takes Librivox books, what does that mean exactly? Should I be thrilled that they have one of mine in their catalog? Have I "arrived," or did they simply gank a book in the public domain, like they do with thousands of others?

Should I brag, or not?

Probably not, right? :)
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Nedge wrote: March 30th, 2019, 6:51 am I'm bringing up a REALLY old thread. When Audible takes Librivox books, what does that mean exactly? Should I be thrilled that they have one of mine in their catalog? Have I "arrived," or did they simply gank a book in the public domain, like they do with thousands of others?

Should I brag, or not?

Probably not, right? :)
Librivox recordings are in the public domain, so Audible isn't really "taking" or "ganking" them. Whoever posted them there owns the recordings just as much (or, well, as little) as you do. That's the point. You can brag if you want to. They liked it enough to spread your work further. That's great. ^^
Mike