The average age (and birthdays?)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Will turn Stephan and Chris Vee's age in a month and a week.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Ezwa is 29 :roll:
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/PromotionalMaterial][color=indigo]Want to promote LV? Print the poster and pin it at your library[/color][/url] | [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Stephan_Moebius][color=indigo]My wiki page[/color][/url]
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Stephan wrote:Ezwa is 29 :roll:
in September or just before :)
Anita
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

On the 31st.
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

vee wrote:May '77 makes me 29. Gearing up to trip over the hill!
When I turned 30, Chris, my office mates gave me a mock funeral with black ribbon and dead flowers. Maybe we should start planning now for your next birthday.

8)
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

pberinstein wrote:When I turned 30, Chris, my office mates gave me a mock funeral with black ribbon and dead flowers.
That is appalling. I am so remembering that for my next friend to turn thirty. *evil laughter*
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
fae

Post by fae »

kayray wrote:
I'm 36, almost 37 (born August 1969)
me too :D

it's actually nice to be the average age (so far) since in most of the other places i visit on the web i'm the 'old lady' :o

i wish i had found this thread before this past week end because the black rose and funerial proceedings would have come in handy; my hubby turned 30 on friday. that would have been funny!

p.s. the moniker of 'mrs robinson' has absolutely no effect on me. *blink, blink*
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Ahem, I believe that fae's comment prompts me to speak up as an "old lady" in this forum :).

Just wanted to say that for me so far, I've felt my primest in my 30s, my oldest in my 40s, and nearly adolescent just now, at 51. So much so that it has been difficult to reconcile self image with the face in the mirror until I realized:
I'm in the youth of my old age.
:D

Life. What a doozy.
Anita
kayray

Post by kayray »

Yeah, my 30s have been the best decade yet.
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

At 41, you couldnt pay me to go back to my 20's. I'm surprised I survived! Personally I am waiting for my 50's :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

The 50s aren't nearly as old-feeling as you'd think. And if that's true, maybe being old doesn't feel as old as I once feared. I'll let you know. 8)
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
KATWAL

Post by KATWAL »

The 50's are great. Of course in the 1950's I was child and that was a great decade to be a kid. Now that I'm in my 50's I've rediscovered the freedom I had as a child. No, maybe I have even more freedom. Anyway, I wouldn't go back to the 20's, 30's, or 40's unless I could take the knowledge and skills I've gained since, back with me!

Kathy
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Personally, I can't wait to be about 40 or so. Hopefully by then I'll have my PhD, my career, and whatever family I pick up along the way. It will be great not to have to worry about all the major life choices I'm having to make now.
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Caeristhiona wrote:Personally, I can't wait to be about 40 or so. Hopefully by then I'll have my PhD, my career, and whatever family I pick up along the way. It will be great not to have to worry about all the major life choices I'm having to make now.

Personaly, I can't wait to get rid of the family I picked up along the way LOL. I have 2 teenage boys with hormones raging and an 11 yr old boy who is getting there too. Retirement and empty nest sounds relaxing right now.
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
kri

Post by kri »

I can't wait to get the hell out of my 20s. Bleah. Getting older isn't so bad!!