Any Famous Librivox persons out there ?. {Not pro narrators}

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

I'm partially responsible for a "We reserve the right to refuse service" sign at a bar in Seattle, WA.

Pale fame (or infamy) at best, but that's all I got. And we did have fun. :)

Jim
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

Steampunk wrote:I'm partially responsible for a "We reserve the right to refuse service" sign
Aha! An ex member of the Bullingdon Eh? I thought one would reveal himself sooner or later. :shock:
Regards
Andy Minter
Samanem

Post by Samanem »

Steampunk wrote:I'm partially responsible for a "We reserve the right to refuse service" sign

^^^^ The Winner!!! ^^^^
"I ask to be allowed to have a lamp in the evening;
it is indeed wearisome sitting alone in the dark." ~ William Tyndale (1494-1536)
|
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

ExEmGe wrote:
Aha! An ex member of the Bullingdon Eh? I thought one would reveal himself sooner or later. :shock:
Yeah, I'm really David Cameron in disguise.

Or did you mean the prison rather than the Oxford club? :wink:

Jim
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

wildemoose wrote:
gloriana wrote:Hee. This thread is fun.

My closest brush with fame: as a college student I designed costumes for a semi-pro summer production of Shaw's "Arms and the Man," which was performed in a barn in New Jersey. Piper Perabo (later to scale the heights of fame as the star of Coyote Ugly) played Raina. I still find it funny whenever I see her in something that I've seen her in her underwear (for costume fitting purposes, natch).
I have a really good story from the summer I interned at the Williamstown Theater Festival involving an Oscar-winning actress, but I'm not going to say her name for fear of prosecution. :D Basically she was really nasty about wanting a particular salad that didn't exist, from a restaurant that was closed, which I begged, borrowed, and stole to get for her, and immediately (not on purpose!) dropped and spilled it all over the floor of my car. I can never see her without remembering that she ate car floor salad. Moral of the story: be nice to interns.
I had a friend who worked the ticket booth for a movie theater in the town where America's Best Actress lives who said that she tried to buy a ticket for one of her kids to see an R-rated movie without adult supervision. When my friend refused to sell said ticket, ABA threw an under-the-breath hissy-fit; friend stood firm til ABA backed off, and then he blew (or so he says) cig smoke in her face in brave bit of superiority. No retaliation followed, which says much of ABA imo.

Also, my bro' works part-time at the booth of a major art-house in NYC and has met nice celebs like Patrick Macnee and Elaine May, and ridiculously snotty ones, like Molly Ringwald, in his time there.
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

Steampunk wrote:I'm partially responsible for a "We reserve the right to refuse service" sign at a bar in Seattle, WA.

Pale fame (or infamy) at best, but that's all I got. And we did have fun. :)

Jim
Why does this not surprise me? Is that why you moved to Arizona?
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
GayleCato

Post by GayleCato »

Lucy_k_p wrote:I'm 'The one who makes those gorgeous chocolate mushroom things*.' I also got called a goddess of baking, which was very much appreciated since I'd spent three days getting three tins of biscuits and two of mushrooms ready.

*Chocolates shaped like mushrooms - they contain no actual mushroom.
is this the food(not necessarily the brand) your referring to? (see link below)

because if so should mention that they are most delicious and that being the "goddess of baking" sound quite famous (at least to me) :D

"link below..."

http://kawaii.kawaii.at/img/Japanese-Mushrooms-chocolate-meiji-5_big.jpg
-Gayle Cato

"Its nice for everything to be well and fun, but we learn better from misery"
-Prof. Gary Burbridge
CalmDragon

Post by CalmDragon »

Guero wrote:Art does often imitate life. 8-)
The text size on these small hi-resolution monitors is driving me nuts, I first read that as 'Art does often irritate life."
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

No, I got the recipe out of a Cadbury's cook book. The recipe is here, but I don't have any photos.
So little space, so much to say.
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

My name is on the acknowledgment page of a best selling author. Tricia actually noticed it. hee hee.

I entered a contest to give the author ideas on using things in a world without ANY power.... I suggested a Bicycle trailer. I was one of the winners and got my name in the third volume of the series PLUS the whole series autographed. :mrgreen:

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

I just discovered that my little sister is famous, you can see her and her husband in this commercial, (don't blink, she only appears from :03 to :05 in the one shot :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-fkDfcdMLg
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
CalmDragon

Post by CalmDragon »

Famous? Hardly. Name in the paper a few times. No big deal. Though, I am mom's favorite. She told me so...
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

CalmDragon wrote:Famous? Hardly. Name in the paper a few times. No big deal. Though, I am mom's favorite. She told me so...
The police report?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
UnfamiliarMemory

Post by UnfamiliarMemory »

I am in fact a published author... of about four sentences in a coffee-table-ish book. Also, the back of my head has been in my local newspaper twice.
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

unfamiliar memory wrote: Also, the back of my head has been in my local newspaper twice.
Oh, that defiantly counts!
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.