Any Famous Librivox persons out there ?. {Not pro narrators}

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

Yeah, Lulu is great. Costs nothing to upload a book and you can share it as a download for AND have it physically published and sold.

Very cool.
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Wonderful!
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

I'm rather sure I'm getting pretty famous now, or infamous. I seem to be an intensely popular pariah. This is to say I'm doing a hilarious show that's even been on the radio, but there is so much fandom politics against certain romantic pairings, that I saw as just obvious, and then all the laughter involved which catches listeners off guard. Unfortunately the nice people these days have gone into "infant mode" on social networks just like-clicking stuff up the wazoo. This leaves most of the people able to speak up as the totally nasty and negative types. My being mainly exposed to that while I've become a production crew of one person drove me bughouse in a Groucho Marx way.

I haven't released an episode proper since last December, but not a day has gone by this year in which there wasn't a ton of downloads.

Creepy, eh? :shock:

Well it is October...
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I was on a British quiz show recently called The Chase and went up against The Governess. I didn't win anything but 3 months later I still have people asking me 'Was it you I saw on The Chase'. So that was my 15 minutes of fame. The whole experience was amazing and I got to meet Bradley Walsh who is also the lead actor in Law and Order UK.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

wib66 wrote:I was on a British quiz show recently called The Chase and went up against The Governess. I didn't win anything but 3 months later I still have people asking me 'Was it you I saw on The Chase'. So that was my 15 minutes of fame. The whole experience was amazing and I got to meet Bradley Walsh who is also the lead actor in Law and Order UK.

That's when you know if people recognize you on sight. Wow, must have felt wild, eh?
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

I look in the mirror sometimes, and I'm sure I recognise that guy.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

NCarrington wrote:I look in the mirror sometimes, and I'm sure I recognise that guy.
Groovy. I'm only getting used to recognizing myself in the mirror again, myself. :wink:
catrose

Post by catrose »

I am currently Young Storyteller of Wales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2e6Ti2hfDY

(Not narration :P It's like traditional bards were! I tell from my imagination)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

Wow, I've been linked to that video somewhere else online recently (MarkReads, I think). I didn't realise it was you! It's awesome.
So little space, so much to say.
catrose

Post by catrose »

Lucy_k_p wrote:Wow, I've been linked to that video somewhere else online recently (MarkReads, I think). I didn't realise it was you! It's awesome.
Oh really?! That's awesome!! :mrgreen: Thanks
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!