Any Famous Librivox persons out there ?. {Not pro narrators}

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

JohnFricker wrote:Here comes a shameless plug but it seems like the place for it - more for the UK users than anyone else - but I'm making my telly debut on 28th Dec. 23:00 on BBC 2 - I have a couple of lines in Miranda Hart's Xmas special! Yay me!
Just watched the "iTurd" bit - awesomesauce. Nice work, John. :clap:
JohnFricker

Post by JohnFricker »

RuthieG wrote:It is usually very easy to be anonymous on the Internet, because nobody can see or hear you. But it would be rather more difficult to be anonymous on LibriVox, if you had a well-known voice, at least. ;)

Of course, I always live in hope that Stephen Fry or Judi Dench will discover us.... or better still, Rik Mayall. :lol:

Ruth

Had Rik Mayall reading Krindlekrax (not sure if I spelt that right) on cassette when I was little - always made me cry in a good way!
gloriana wrote:
JohnFricker wrote:Here comes a shameless plug but it seems like the place for it - more for the UK users than anyone else - but I'm making my telly debut on 28th Dec. 23:00 on BBC 2 - I have a couple of lines in Miranda Hart's Xmas special! Yay me!
Just watched the "iTurd" bit - awesomesauce. Nice work, John. :clap:
Thanks Elizabeth - thought you would be sick of the sound of me by now! 8-)
John

"Boldness be my friend!
Arm me, audacity, from head to foot!", Cymbeline, Shakespeare

Actor and nice chap!

http://www.john-fricker.co.uk
hefyd

Post by hefyd »

I've been told that Gwyneth Paltrow is among our readers -under a pseudonym of course. hefyd
meum est propositum,in taberna mori
ut sint vina proxima,morientis ori
anon.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

!

Is she trying to beef up her CV or something?
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

hefyd wrote:I've been told that Gwyneth Paltrow is among our readers -under a pseudonym of course. hefyd
:shock:

I wish Prince Charles would take an interest. His manner of speech is very interesting to listen to. :lol:
It would certainly be a unique addition.

Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry would definitely be good readers. If only some one could bring LibriVox to their attention.
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

Nicholas19 wrote:Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry would definitely be good readers. If only some one could bring LibriVox to their attention.
Stephen Fry endorses Audible, the dirty sellout.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

Nicholas19 wrote:
hefyd wrote:I've been told that Gwyneth Paltrow is among our readers -under a pseudonym of course. hefyd

Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry would definitely be good readers. If only some one could bring LibriVox to their attention.
I want to hear Glenda Jackson and Maggie Smith. Julie Walters also welcome. :D
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
Hananja

Post by Hananja »

I am a checkout girl at one of the major local supermarkets. My boyfriend hates to come shopping with me here, because people recognise me all the time and I can't help greeting them in return 8-) Besides, I know some BN-ers (famous Dutch people), and they know me, because they are regulars at our supermarket.
Ailina

Post by Ailina »

Everyone here knows me and hates me. :D I'm the lady driving the gray van in front of you. You know the one, with the kids making faces at you through the windows, bouncing up and down in the seat and throwing things at each other. Yeah, that's me.
- 'Ailina in Louisiana

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ailinawillis
Personal Writings: http://ailinawillis.blogspot.com
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

I got a little famous around the Midwest for being the Wicked Wench at Renfaires... right up until my little brother started accompanying me, and I cleaned up my act ;)

Beyond that I sell embroidered nerd shirts i.e. "Do you Who?" With a TARDIS or Dalek, and a shirts with two ducklings and a zombie-fied duck that says duck duck ZOMBIE! Currently working on a Mystery Science Theater white tshirt with the black silhoutte of the guys on the bottom.
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
anjieliu

Post by anjieliu »

Ailina wrote:Everyone here knows me and hates me. :D I'm the lady driving the gray van in front of you. You know the one, with the kids making faces at you through the windows, bouncing up and down in the seat and throwing things at each other. Yeah, that's me.
That was you? GOSH, I HATE YOU.

I met Princess Alexandra, the Queen of England's cousin, in Toronto last year. And the nurse who did an X-ray of my wrist today asked for my name, birthday, whether I was on birth control, and autograph.
badey

Post by badey »

I was almost famous twice.

First, in second grade, one of my drawings made it into the local paper (I think they were trying to get public opinion on what exactly I was trying to draw).

My second near miss at being famous was when I almost became the guy that was beaten up by Kurt Angle (the famnous wrestler). He came into the store at which I worked, and I confidentially said to one of my coworkers, "I could take him." Keep in mind that he was about 240 lbs of solid muscle and I was about 160 lbs and not solid muscle. My coworker threatened to tell Mr. Angle what I had said, and I had to BEG him not to tell, otherwise I would probably still be in the ICU.
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

I've briefly met a lot of well-known (or at least I consider them well-known) stage actors, playwrights, and writers over the years, most of the time by chance. Also a few scientists in different contexts. I listed them all and it came out to nineteen names in various disciplines, which is a little bit tl;dr, but I can list them if there's any interest.

Some friends of mine and I organized a jazz trio (piano, bass, drums, with occasional vocals along with piano provided by yours truly) which played at the Eighth St. Taproom in Lawrence, KS sometimes during their weekly jazz evenings.

I was also caught on the news singing Irish folk songs on one St. Patrick's Day. (I'm a classically trained tenor, so that's why I flatter myself that they used my voice over and above the other drunk people who were doing the same thing. :D)

While I lived in Lawrence, I was also on the news (though you couldn't see me) when they got an establishing shot of me driving my bus after a snow storm.

I was also on TV for almost a full half hour as team captain of my high school's "Academic League" (kind of a quiz bowl competition) team. We won, by the way. :lol:

But my real claim to fame was when I was interviewed in the local paper as I was leaving Borders. The Lawrence local paper did these "person-on-the-street" blurbs, usually based around totally insipid questions. But the day I was caught unawares at Borders was the day before the anniversary of the Iraq War. I've been in protests of, and even arrested in protests of the Iraq War, so I was preparing to warm up to my theme, when their young intern turned around and asked me how many times a day I wash my hands. Turns out that they asked people their views on the Iraq War the next day on the anniversary, and then printed it the day after the anniversary. Way to go for timeliness, guys. :|
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I was 6 times in the TV, had my radio program once a mounth for two and a half years, I was interviewed in the radio a few times (in addition to my program), I sang in a few big places, and a few of my wrightings were published in a newspaiper.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
tamanders

Post by tamanders »

I was in the peanut gallery on 'Casey and the Keystone Cops' back in the sixties :P