Any Famous Librivox persons out there ?. {Not pro narrators}

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
kayray
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kayray » October 30th, 2010, 10:36 am

BellonaTimes wrote:
kayray wrote:I won Best of Division in the "handknitting, original design" category of our county fair this summer. That makes me the best handknitter of an original design in San Diego County ;-)
Picture please. :)
You got it :)
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/kayray/fancy-mittens
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

Starlite

Post by Starlite » October 31st, 2010, 3:45 am

Those are great Kara! I never learned how to knit with 4 needles. :(

I love the open tips and I'm sure my son would love it too. Guess I will have to peruse the upcoming Christmas craft shows for some.

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw

DeRamos

Post by DeRamos » November 4th, 2010, 3:45 am

I have an IMDb page, so, uh, that means I'm about six clicks away from...Kevin Bacon? :lol: But to answer your question: Famous? Unlikely. Infamous? Possibly. :wink:
Ryan DeRamos
LibriVox Instagram Blog

Primsong

Post by Primsong » November 4th, 2010, 9:42 am

I love how loosely "Fame" is defined around here. :lol:
"Conquer the galaxy! Unimaginable power! Unlimited rice pudding!"

English Andrew

Post by English Andrew » November 4th, 2010, 9:52 am

If you use a self-service machine in a public library in Surrey, England, you will see photos of my hand. These pictures appear on the screen to demonstrate the right way to issue, return or renew items.

kayray
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kayray » November 4th, 2010, 10:44 am

English Andrew wrote:If you use a self-service machine in a public library in Surrey, England, you will see photos of my hand. These pictures appear on the screen to demonstrate the right way to issue, return or renew items.
This is my favorite example of fame so far!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

wildemoose

Post by wildemoose » November 4th, 2010, 11:12 am

I believe that I am the only Arielle Lipshaw in the world, which definitely makes me famous. It also makes it really easy (perhaps too easy) to Google me. :D

Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p » November 4th, 2010, 12:02 pm

I'm 'The one who makes those gorgeous chocolate mushroom things*.' I also got called a goddess of baking, which was very much appreciated since I'd spent three days getting three tins of biscuits and two of mushrooms ready.

*Chocolates shaped like mushrooms - they contain no actual mushroom.
So little space, so much to say.

chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic » November 5th, 2010, 7:52 am

Of course I Googled Arielle. :) You just have to love the Internet:
Goodreads wrote:Arielle Lipshaw is the author of Julius Caesar (23723 ratings)
That was on the listing of the Librivox audio recording for which you read the narration. [chuckle]
Laurie Anne

Chrisczech

Post by Chrisczech » November 5th, 2010, 8:05 am

Many years ago (nearly 40yrs!) I was interviewed on Yorkshire Television on a programme called "Calendar". The interviewer was the late Richard Whiteley (a charming man) and his co-presenter was Austin Mitchell (now MP for Great Grimsby!).

Richard Whiteley:

Before that I won a dictionary (second prize) for a letter I wrote Radio Times!

Those are my only claims to any fame (my 15 minutes in total?).
[url=http://librivox.org/idle_thoughts_of_an_idle_fellow_by_jerome_k_jerome/]Idle Thoughts Of An Idle Fellow[/url] / [url=http://librivox.org/the-triumphs-of-eugene-valmont-by-robert-barr]The Triumphs Of Eugene Valmont[/url]

wildemoose

Post by wildemoose » November 5th, 2010, 9:36 am

chocoholic wrote:Of course I Googled Arielle. :) You just have to love the Internet:
Goodreads wrote:Arielle Lipshaw is the author of Julius Caesar (23723 ratings)
That was on the listing of the Librivox audio recording for which you read the narration. [chuckle]
LOL. I wish! Maybe I would actually be famous, if that were the case, instead of just internet famous. :D

CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester » November 5th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Chrisczech wrote:Many years ago (nearly 40yrs!) I was interviewed on Yorkshire Television on a programme called "Calendar". The interviewer was the late Richard Whiteley (a charming man) and his co-presenter was Austin Mitchell (now MP for Great Grimsby!).
My dad used to go to the same pub as Richard Whiteley. And my grandma used to babysit Julie Andrews. You might say that being related to someone who once knew someone famous doesn't count but, if so, you clearly haven't been watching any UK reality TV programmes.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.

DeRamos

Post by DeRamos » November 5th, 2010, 6:15 pm

CarlManchester wrote:My dad used to go to the same pub as Richard Whiteley. And my grandma used to babysit Julie Andrews. You might say that being related to someone who once knew someone famous doesn't count but, if so, you clearly haven't been watching any UK reality TV programmes.
I'll see your UK reality TV and raise you (actually lower, in standards) US reality TV! :lol:
Ryan DeRamos
LibriVox Instagram Blog

Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig » November 5th, 2010, 8:46 pm

OK here is my claim to fame. I once fired Pamela Anderson. I worked in a bookstore in Victoria BC and she worked for me. Worked as most loosely described as work. (Did I phrase that correctly?) Some people may not like me for that, but I certainly felt better after she was gone.

--Hazel Image
[size=150][i][color=cyan]Eat.[/color] [color=blue]Sleep.[/color] [color=darkblue]Read.[/color] [color=indigo]Repeat.[/color][/i][/size]

catchpenny

Post by catchpenny » November 5th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Hazel Pethig wrote:OK here is my claim to fame. I once fired Pamela Anderson. I worked in a bookstore in Victoria BC and she worked for me. Worked as most loosely described as work. (Did I phrase that correctly?) Some people may not like me for that, but I certainly felt better after she was gone.

--Hazel Image
From Wikipedia:

In April 2005, Anderson starred in a new Fox sitcom Stacked as Skyler Dayton, a party girl who goes to work at a bookstore. It was canceled on May 18, 2006, after two seasons, although some episodes had not been aired.

Wonder if that's where the idea for the show came from. I note they canceled the show too.
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.