You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Neither of you are terrible. When my husband tells me he's going out of an evening (thus leaving me at home with our sleeping daughter), I figuratively rub my hands together gleefully and think of what I'm going to record...
JoeD

Post by JoeD »

gloriana wrote:Neither of you are terrible. When my husband tells me he's going out of an evening (thus leaving me at home with our sleeping daughter), I figuratively rub my hands together gleefully and think of what I'm going to record...
Heh, I know what you mean. Do not tell my wife, but I secretly savor when she and her friends have a Girl's Night Out.

You know you are addicted when you feel no guilt with such secret thoughts :mrgreen:
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

Starlite wrote:Along the same line as Andy:

...When you listen to a radio talk show and wonder if it is live or studio recorded and listen for flubs. (i'm a natural proof listener!)

Esther :)
They flub all the time on NPR and I wonder why they don't fix it; most of the hourly news-breaks sound recorded anyway. :roll:

You know you're addicted when you check Google books to see what PD stuff they've scanned recently, including one from 1917 on vaudeville stars I don't think is on PG yet, and a book of Greek and Roman medical instruments. :thumbs:
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

gloriana wrote:When my husband tells me he's going out of an evening (thus leaving me at home with our sleeping daughter), I figuratively rub my hands together gleefully and think of what I'm going to record...
Such as...

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/35394/35394-h/35394-h.htm#Page_241

perhaps? :)
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Same here! I love the evenings where he's out for a concert :D
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
Samanem

Post by Samanem »

Riding bikes today, suddenly I heard the unmistakable sound of one of my blasted high-pitched mouth clicks! :evil: In my mind I'm rapidly zooming in, looking for the naughty waveform.

Then I realize :oops: we've just gone by the tee of a golf course, and what I heard was the distinctive metallic *ping* of a driver striking a golf ball!

I felt a wave of relief, actually, that I wouldn't have to find and fix the waveform problem!

Have a great week, everyone!

Dennis
"I ask to be allowed to have a lamp in the evening;
it is indeed wearisome sitting alone in the dark." ~ William Tyndale (1494-1536)
|
Miss Avarice

Post by Miss Avarice »

You know you're addicted to LV when you start arguing with an English teacher over what constitutes the "public domain", how it was instated, the details of the Copyright Extension Act, and haranguing over things like Fair Use and Creative Commons. Also, publicly bemoaning the fact that certain poets were born in the wrong era/didn't die young enough :T (sorry, e.e. cummings. I love you but why can't I record you! /le sigh) so not all of their words are PD. /sobs
Out of the ash
I rise with my red hair
And I eat men like air.
- Lady Lazarus, Sylvia Plath
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Miss Avarice wrote:You know you're addicted to LV when you start arguing with an English teacher over what constitutes the "public domain", how it was instated, the details of the Copyright Extension Act, and haranguing over things like Fair Use and Creative Commons. Also, publicly bemoaning the fact that certain poets were born in the wrong era/didn't die young enough :T (sorry, e.e. cummings. I love you but why can't I record you! /le sigh) so not all of their words are PD. /sobs

LMAO you go girl!

Esther :clap:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Guero

Post by Guero »

You know you're addicted to LibriVox when you're making a presentation and you click your tongue when you make a mistake and want to rephrase something. :shock:

I definitely woke up some of the people who were listening to me this morning when I did that.
John
"...what kind of internal wiring in my grandmother's mind enabled her...To condense fact from the vapor of nuance." -- Neal Stephenson
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

:shock: :? :lol:

Brilliant! :clap:

At least everybody was listening to you again. I'll remember that next time I teach... :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
CalmDragon

Post by CalmDragon »

when you find out it is Tolkien Reading day and go to setup your microphone...
http://www.tolkiensociety.org/ed/tolkienreadingday.html
...then remembering it's not PD. So you shant share.
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

CalmDragon wrote:when you find out it is Tolkien Reading day and go to setup your microphone...
http://www.tolkiensociety.org/ed/tolkienreadingday.html
...then remembering it's not PD. So you shant share.
But sharing is nice! ...Or so it was learned in Kindergarten. Lawyers mustn't have been.
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

You know you're addicted when......
1. You think that recording 3 sections/chapters per week is a really good cut-back!
2. Whenever you hear somebody repeat a phrase, you are automatically thinking, 'PL Note: Repeated phrase at....to be edited out'.

If it rains, it pours! Usually all my PL files come in at once! When I don't have any, I'm thinking, "this is going pretty slow. Maybe I can also DPL for this and this project as well! And feel totally swamped when 3-4 or more files come in at once.... :P

It's pretty easy to get addicted to LV! I tried to get my sister to record a chapter or two for one of my projects, and the very first thing she said after saying that she didn't have time, was that she'd get addicted! :lol: :help:
~Gabrielle
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

... When you are preparing to go give blood and wonder what you can do there for LV while waiting. Can't really PL, because you need to hear your name called. Obviously you can't record! And you don't have internet access on my phone, so you can't set up projects, do word counts for sections, or catalog. :?

(It turned out that I had very little waiting while there, so I wouldn't have gotten anything done anyway! I was in and out in about 45 minutes.)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

...when you're reading aloud to your daughter and stumble over a sentence, click your tongue, and then repeat the sentence again. You know, for editing purposes.