You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Oh dear... if it was seen... the list of fandoms involved... lol! there IS no clear description... :lol:

That's the trouble... it's one of the most intricately detailed structures I've ever seen much less put together... and I could never have begun this madness if I didn't have all the tools I learned here. :shock:

Would you truly like me to list them? An ad for under-appreciated freebies? I dunno. There's no way I can make any money on this at all... it's such a sad insanity I've gotten myself into now... well heck. You remember me. I just had to insist on diving into a solo project headfirst. (At The Sign of The Jack O'Lantern)

Then what do I do when I touch fanfiction? *weeping laugh* I just have to go for it ALL. I think the list at the bottom of this profile page will truly explain it...

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3715857/Daryl-Wor

Still... if I am the third ad in a row, well... third times the charm? Perhaps I've just broken the spell. :mrgreen:
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

annise wrote:Hey Daryl
that's the 3rd ad in 3 posts - one clear description would be better - and more acceptable :D

Anne

Oh, wait! Duh! I see... three posts of MINE, I thought you meant three posts in this thread. Sorry... still, it isn't for filthy lucre... just to try and find support somewhere. It seems the rest of the universe only knows how to click like-buttons since this charade began over two years ago.

Anyway, I apologize, but... is it really an advertisement perse? Just checking...

Feel free to re-direct me to ANY other supportive forum on this kind of thing that actually types to each other. In my car-less isolation with almost no friends it is a rather pathetic place to be right now. Really, I have gone the kind of mad at times that likely needs medical attention but, well... the car thing... sorry.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Yes, just tell us all about it in one thread - preferably the one with the subject line that refers to Dark Shadows. People are always interested in what other LVers are doing, even if we are far too old to know what Dark Shadows is :lol:.

I remember when I went to the US to visit my brother, I was regarded as something of a weirdo actually walking about the place and not going by car. (No way I was going to attempt driving there ;).)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

You know there's something wrong with you and that you probably should think about some sort of treatment when, while editing your file, you find that you'd shaven off the final "k" or "g" off a word and then you spend some time hunting through the rest of the recording looking for a suitable "k" or "g" that you could transplant. Tell me I'm not alone :help:
:mrgreen:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I PROMISE you that you are not alone, Piotr! :lol:

Ruth
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

RuthieG wrote:Yes, just tell us all about it in one thread - preferably the one with the subject line that refers to Dark Shadows. People are always interested in what other LVers are doing, even if we are far too old to know what Dark Shadows is :lol:.

I remember when I went to the US to visit my brother, I was regarded as something of a weirdo actually walking about the place and not going by car. (No way I was going to attempt driving there ;).)

Ruth
Thanks, Ruthie. I did that already. I hope you forgive me. I have not slept well since last September and to prove this thing is eating me alive I've unintentionally lost 20 pounds... not that that part of it was unwelcome.

But yes, I love it when people ask for hwy and freeway directions especially when they see me walking around all the time. The nice thing is when a boy came to pick fruit off of our tree and he said he thought we weren't home because our car wasn't in front and I told him we didn't have one, his face brightened and he said, "That's good!" Is there hope for the future? Thanks! I'll be good. The thread is up so we'll see.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Piotrek81 wrote:You know there's something wrong with you and that you probably should think about some sort of treatment when, while editing your file, you find that you'd shaven off the final "k" or "g" off a word and then you spend some time hunting through the rest of the recording looking for a suitable "k" or "g" that you could transplant. Tell me I'm not alone :help:
Ohhh, yes. I do that all the time. :lol:
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Piotrek81 wrote:You know there's something wrong with you and that you probably should think about some sort of treatment when, while editing your file, you find that you'd shaven off the final "k" or "g" off a word and then you spend some time hunting through the rest of the recording looking for a suitable "k" or "g" that you could transplant. Tell me I'm not alone :help:
I do this. If the correction I need to make is tiny or a common word or sound, I always search the text first to see if there's an existing word or sound that I can copy from elsewhere in the chapter. :)
Karen S.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Wow! now THAT is dedication above and beyond. I would burn my monitor if I had to do that. Wow! :shock: But it sure works for y ou ..... :D
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

RuthieG wrote:Yes, just tell us all about it in one thread - preferably the one with the subject line that refers to Dark Shadows. People are always interested in what other LVers are doing, even if we are far too old to know what Dark Shadows is :lol:.
Ruth
You can't be too old for Dark Shadows. It was on live black and white TV in 1970. Famous for the fubbed lines and cheap scenery. (And yes, I saw it then.)

Todd
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

gypsygirl wrote:
I do this. If the correction I need to make is tiny or a common word or sound, I always search the text first to see if there's an existing word or sound that I can copy from elsewhere in the chapter. :)
So do I :) And of course, half of the time it doesn't work, because that other word that I want to stick in there was pronounced with a different intonation :roll:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

You can't be too old for Dark Shadows. It was on live black and white TV in 1970.
Wikipedia tells me:
Dark Shadows is an American gothic soap opera that originally aired weekdays on the ABC television network, from June 27, 1966, to April 2, 1971.
Which rather explains why I have never heard of it. British TV in my young day was... er... British.

Ruth
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Piotrek81 wrote:
gypsygirl wrote:
So do I :) And of course, half of the time it doesn't work, because that other word that I want to stick in there was pronounced with a different intonation :roll:
I've also been known to try to force it to work by changing the pitch. :)
Karen S.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

RuthieG wrote:
You can't be too old for Dark Shadows. It was on live black and white TV in 1970.
Wikipedia tells me:
Dark Shadows is an American gothic soap opera that originally aired weekdays on the ABC television network, from June 27, 1966, to April 2, 1971.
Which rather explains why I have never heard of it. British TV in my young day was... er... British.

Ruth
Thanks Todd and Ruthie Actually 1966-1971, but in any case, I just thought of something! :clap: I'm doing podcast intros, maybe I should do plugs for here? I guess that can be discussed on the DS thread I started.

But yes, I love to make fun of the fact that a main character pretends to be from England but really isn't.

Thanks again!
DrewJ

Post by DrewJ »

Piotrek81 wrote:
gypsygirl wrote:

I usually just re-record the sentence, once in five I can get the tone and volume to match up with the previous and latter sentences.
When the hurlyburly's done,
When the battle's lost and won. -Second Witch
Read some poetry?