You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

When you find an old book in your house and immediately want to check if it is in the public domain.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

brownrottger wrote: June 16th, 2021, 6:20 am When you find an old book in your house and immediately want to check if it is in the public domain.
:thumbs: :thumbs: I do that too, also when visiting people if they let me check out their library. (I mean bookcase, or bookshelf :mrgreen: )
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

If you want to read a book but find only an incomplete (sides are missing) or very poor scan (parts couldn't be read).
Then buy that book, scan it and upload it to archive.org just to be able to read from a clean source. :roll:
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

When you check on the copyright dates of non-PD novels calculating when they'll enter the public domain, how old you'll be then, and what roles you, at that point, might be able to perform plausibly in the dramatic reading version...
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

JoannaHoyt wrote: June 20th, 2021, 7:34 am When you check on the copyright dates of non-PD novels calculating when they'll enter the public domain, how old you'll be then, and what roles you, at that point, might be able to perform plausibly in the dramatic reading version...
I'm banking on the day when, in my 90s, I'll be able to play Morla the Old in The Neverending Story.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

When you look at the clock and bemoan the amount of time you have to keep working on a project and it is not enough unless you want 10 cups of coffee in your life tomorrow!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

You go to your oil change appointment early so you have more time to edit a section without your house screaming at you to clean etc.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

JoannaHoyt wrote: June 20th, 2021, 7:34 am When you check on the copyright dates of non-PD novels calculating when they'll enter the public domain, how old you'll be then, and what roles you, at that point, might be able to perform plausibly in the dramatic reading version...
I do that all the time!!
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
wib66

Post by wib66 »

When you have loads of time to record because you are off work ill but you have a terrible croaky voice which does not sound good for recording. What a pain. :|
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

...when Librivox is the focus of your way-too-serious and way-too-obsessive FOMO.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

wib66 wrote: July 9th, 2021, 5:03 am When you have loads of time to record because you are off work ill but you have a terrible croaky voice which does not sound good for recording. What a pain. :|
That happened to me recently! Isn’t it the worst?
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

wib66 wrote: July 9th, 2021, 5:03 am When you have loads of time to record because you are off work ill but you have a terrible croaky voice which does not sound good for recording. What a pain. :|
Why? You can always go for a short male role in one of our dramatics.

I did that once; when I listened to the finished play a while later I didn't recognise myself. :lol:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Availle wrote: July 12th, 2021, 5:18 pm
Why? You can always go for a short male role in one of our dramatics.

I did that once; when I listened to the finished play a while later I didn't recognise myself. :lol:
I did that once, too. He was a real low-life... And sounded like it! :lol:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Starlite wrote: December 30th, 2011, 4:03 am You know you are addicted when you wake at 4:30am (because you can't sleep) and the first thing you do is check LV.
Every day!!
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

... if you check the internet connection every 5 minutes until LV is on again.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei