You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

gloriana wrote:...when you're reading aloud to your daughter and stumble over a sentence, click your tongue, and then repeat the sentence again. You know, for editing purposes.
That's hilarious. Is your daughter used to it by now or is she like, "WTF, Mom?"
Nullifidian

Post by Nullifidian »

You know that you're addicted to LV when...

...you start dreaming about it when you nap.

I dreamt that I was at my high school (I've long since graduated) and Andy Minter was my drama teacher—that is, his voice was in the mouth of my actual high school drama teacher. We were rehearsing Romeo and Juliet, the Act III, sc. 1 confrontation scene between Mercutio, Romeo, and Tybalt where Mercutio is fatally wounded due to Romeo's meddling, and were going to record and upload it to LibriVox when the run was over. I don't know anything about Andy Minter in real life, but in my dream he was a very good director. Maybe he'll appreciate that. :lol:
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

when you get so good at reading out loud that your kids never wanna hear the really scary story where the fox is hiding behind the door to catch little dove :roll:
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

wildemoose wrote:
gloriana wrote:...when you're reading aloud to your daughter and stumble over a sentence, click your tongue, and then repeat the sentence again. You know, for editing purposes.
That's hilarious. Is your daughter used to it by now or is she like, "WTF, Mom?"
Nah. We both make so many weird/silly noises on a daily basis that she was completely unfazed.
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

1. you know you're addicted to librivox when... you are reading a story but you still hear librivox readers in your head. I cant even read Treasure Island without hearing Adrian Praetzellis esp. when reading through Long John's lines!

2. You hear someone at the table next to you with an amazing voice, and you wonder if you should go over and tell them about librivox :)

3. Your youngest cousin HATES reading, so you tell her she should listen to librivox for her school books. She ends up listening to a chapter a nice before bed (even though she originally said "Thats soooo lame Becky" Who is hooked on audiobooks NOW HM?)
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

3. Your youngest cousin HATES reading, so you tell her she should listen to librivox for her school books. She ends up listening to a chapter a night before bed (even though she originally said "Thats soooo lame Becky" Who is hooked on audiobooks NOW HM?)
LOVE IT!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, you know you are so addicted to LV when you get the shakes and start to panic because the whole forum is down and, and, and... (breathe, breathe)! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Samanem

Post by Samanem »

icequeen wrote:OK, you know you are so addicted to LV when you get the shakes and start to panic because the whole forum is down and, and, and... (breathe, breathe)! :D
ditto, icequeen. Whew!!
"I ask to be allowed to have a lamp in the evening;
it is indeed wearisome sitting alone in the dark." ~ William Tyndale (1494-1536)
|
badey

Post by badey »

LOL! I was having a near panic episode when I was out of books on my iPod and I saw that the catalog was down.... THEN the forum went down!! :shock: .... I can quit anytime I want... really, I'm not addicted
"Eliminate the impossible and whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Phew glad I was outside when the forum went down. May have had the shakes. :shock:

You know you are addicted when:

The first thing you do in the morning and last thing at night is to check the LV forum.

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

wildemoose wrote:
Nullifidian wrote:...your father and his house guest leave for a three-day trip to Santa Clara and the first thing you think of is how much recording you'll get done over the weekend.

I'm anticipating a very productive three days. :thumbs:
I'm probably a terrible person, but my husband has to go out of town for a couple of days and that's the first thing I thought of as well. :D

I'm listening to The Decameron at the moment: he should think himself lucky. 8)
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Starlite wrote:

The first thing you do in the morning and last thing at night is to check the LV forum.

You mean that you don't check it at lunch time too? :shock:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

Just a little while ago, I opened the browser to go check on something else and out of pure habit, opened LV instead. :mrgreen:
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

You know you're addicted to LV when...

... your home page is the LV forum.
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Starlite wrote:Phew glad I was outside when the forum went down. May have had the shakes. :shock:

You mean everybody doesn't check at least twice a day :shock:

I missed the forum down-ness.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!