You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

JayKitty76 wrote: March 27th, 2019, 1:52 pm It's totally fine, I usually know everything about my computer but I don't always know the terms. So don't feel bad! When I first started LV (not saying you're new at all- just saying that this is what happened when I was a newbie) I thought I had this giant problem with the uploader, like it wasn't uploading right. It took a team of people to try to figure it out...but it turned out my eyes were just missing the change from the filename to the filelink
Oh no! That sounds rough and frustrating! At least you got it figured out :D. And yes, I am very new, only been here 2.5 months. So I still have a lot to learn :D
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
CalmDragon

Post by CalmDragon »

When you say the disclaimer before reading an article you are interested in... :wink:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

...you do the thrift store circuit with your parents (who are visiting from out of town) and peruse the Antique Books shelf. And when you find one copyright MCMXIII, you pull out your phone and check LV and Project Gutenberg to see if they have it. And when they both don't have it, you buy it sight unseen!

(It's short; looks like maybe young adult fiction, but I'm not 100% sure.)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: October 31st, 2019, 12:35 pm ...you do the thrift store circuit with your parents (who are visiting from out of town) and peruse the Antique Books shelf. And when you find one copyright MCMXIII, you pull out your phone and check LV and Project Gutenberg to see if they have it. And when they both don't have it, you buy it sight unseen!

When do we stage the intervention?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

CalmDragon wrote: March 28th, 2019, 1:50 pm When you say the disclaimer before reading an article you are interested in... :wink:
If it's the long disclaimer, you DO have a problem. (Wink.)
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

while reading to your children, you "click" your tongue to mark where you've made a mistake...
April
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

TriciaG wrote: October 31st, 2019, 12:35 pm ...you do the thrift store circuit with your parents (who are visiting from out of town) and peruse the Antique Books shelf. And when you find one copyright MCMXIII, you pull out your phone and check LV and Project Gutenberg to see if they have it. And when they both don't have it, you buy it sight unseen!

I may have done this... I can neither confirm nor deny. :wink:
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

When someone brings up a book they just read and you immediately start thinking about if it's already in the catalog and if it's pd and if you could BC if it's not and if.... then you sigh as it's modern lit and regard it as unfit swine as you hit play on Oliver twist for the millionth time.
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 25th, 2019, 3:54 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: March 25th, 2019, 3:54 pm ..when, no matter what you opened your computer search engine for, you automaticallly type 'librivox forum', every single time.
...when you only have to type 'f' for the site to come up :lol:.

Those are some good ones!
you actually haft to type "f"? I just click on the address bar and it's one of the first recommended :D
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

cowguy02 wrote: November 27th, 2019, 8:28 pm you actually haft to type "f"? I just click on the address bar and it's one of the first recommended
When I click on my address bar nothing comes up. I have to type to get results.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 27th, 2019, 9:07 pm
cowguy02 wrote: November 27th, 2019, 8:28 pm you actually haft to type "f"? I just click on the address bar and it's one of the first recommended
When I click on my address bar nothing comes up. I have to type to get results.
Ahhhhh..... Well then typing "f" is pretty good then :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Just give in and make Librivox your home page. It has been mine now for years.

Thanks, Todd
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I just bookmark a bunch of things. That way when I open a new tab, it's just a click away right under the address bar :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: November 29th, 2019, 4:46 am Just give in and make Librivox your home page. It has been mine now for years.

Thanks, Todd
Making LV my homepage was probably the second best thing I ever did.
CalmDragon

Post by CalmDragon »

...when your favorite version of the disclaimer is your ringtone on your phone.