You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

mightyfelix wrote: November 29th, 2019, 7:10 pm
ToddHW wrote: November 29th, 2019, 4:46 am Just give in and make Librivox your home page. It has been mine now for years.

Thanks, Todd
Making LV my homepage was probably the second best thing I ever did.
I have to ask. What is the first?
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ummmmm... Joining LV? Yeah, we'll go with that one.
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

you keep refreshing, thinking your email surely missed some notification
~Kim
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I suffer from ACEC, or Acute Chronic Email Clutter, and usually it doesn't phase me. But lately, it's been getting more and more difficult to wade through all the multitudes of email from noreply@librivox.org. (And no, I don't delete them. ACEC tends to be comorbid with deletion allergies.)

Today I finally found some relief! I realized that, since I'm on the LibriVox forum four or five times a day anyway, I don't actually need emails from noreply@librivox.org anymore! :lol: So I took a dose of changenotificationsettings, a new drug on the market. :wink:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

mightyfelix wrote: May 8th, 2020, 10:43 am I suffer from ACEC, or Acute Chronic Email Clutter, and usually it doesn't phase me. But lately, it's been getting more and more difficult to wade through all the multitudes of email from noreply@librivox.org. (And no, I don't delete them. ACEC tends to be comorbid with deletion allergies.)

Today I finally found some relief! I realized that, since I'm on the LibriVox forum four or five times a day anyway, I don't actually need emails from noreply@librivox.org anymore! :lol: So I took a dose of changenotificationsettings, a new drug on the market. :wink:
I am clastrophobic with my email. Any sight of even ONE unread email or email that's just sitting there in the inbox, either has to be deleted, or moved to a folder. Otherwise I could have a mental breakdown :mrgreen:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: May 8th, 2020, 10:35 pm
mightyfelix wrote: May 8th, 2020, 10:43 am I suffer from ACEC, or Acute Chronic Email Clutter, and usually it doesn't phase me. But lately, it's been getting more and more difficult to wade through all the multitudes of email from noreply@librivox.org. (And no, I don't delete them. ACEC tends to be comorbid with deletion allergies.)

I am clastrophobic with my email. Any sight of even ONE unread email or email that's just sitting there in the inbox, either has to be deleted, or moved to a folder. Otherwise I could have a mental breakdown :mrgreen:
omg same :lol: I get most of my "spam" email in my promotions inbox though, so it doesn't bother me too much if it's just sitting there. But in my real inbox, yeah...I have a friend who emails me using her phone number so for me it's emails, for her it's texts, so it's not unusual if I get 8 or 9 emails from her in a day :lol: And they're sent in weird little text files that I can only open using certain devices :lol: :| :twisted:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

...when your to-do list of LV projects needs more and more subcategories.

...when you get a new email and are profoundly disappointed if it's not about LV, then you check and recheck and refresh and re-refresh your email inbox to make absolutely sure you didn't miss a(n) LV email that really should be there.

...when you "secretly" plan your daily schedule around when you expect to be in "good voice" ... It's a secret because you don't want to explain to any non-LV philistine why it's so crucial.

...when you automatically check the PD status of any interesting book or story or essay, etc. that you happen to come across.

...when you start feeling a little weird about logging into the LV forum with your username, because then everyone can see how much you're hanging around LV, in which case you make it a semi-habit to log in while hiding your online status.

...when you spend a surprisingly huge amount of time reading all the posts in a random topic thread that ostensibly has nothing to do with your own projects.

...when you spend an astonishingly enormous amount of time trying to track down a text that isn't on PG or archive or hathitrust, but that you absolutely and positively know, or desperately hope and wish, must be in the PD.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

maxgal wrote: May 21st, 2020, 11:22 am ...when your to-do list of LV projects needs more and more subcategories.

...when you get a new email and are profoundly disappointed if it's not about LV, then you check and recheck and refresh and re-refresh your email inbox to make absolutely sure you didn't miss a(n) LV email that really should be there.

...when you "secretly" plan your daily schedule around when you expect to be in "good voice" ... It's a secret because you don't want to explain to any non-LV philistine why it's so crucial.

...when you automatically check the PD status of any interesting book or story or essay, etc. that you happen to come across.

...when you start feeling a little weird about logging into the LV forum with your username, because then everyone can see how much you're hanging around LV, in which case you make it a semi-habit to log in while hiding your online status.

...when you spend a surprisingly huge amount of time reading all the posts in a random topic thread that ostensibly has nothing to do with your own projects.

...when you spend an astonishingly enormous amount of time trying to track down a text that isn't on PG or archive or hathitrust, but that you absolutely and positively know, or desperately hope and wish, must be in the PD.
I can relate to almost all of these! Exceptions include:
I no longer receive LV emails, since I'm here all the time anyway. See my post above, regarding ACEC. I do occasionally refresh the LV home page unreasonably often.
..when you start feeling a little weird about logging into the LV forum with your username, because then everyone can see how much you're hanging around LV, in which case you make it a semi-habit to log in while hiding your online status.
I don't think I've ever once hid my online status. I wear that nerd badge loud and proud!
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

mightyfelix wrote: May 21st, 2020, 4:20 pm
I don't think I've ever once hid my online status. I wear that nerd badge loud and proud!
:lol: Now THAT's an inspiration.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

linny

Post by linny »

maxgal wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 4:42 pm
We need a new coffee cup. “Loud and proud LibriVox addict.” I’d buy it. I already have the regular cup although I wish it were a little taller.

https://www.zazzle.com/store/greenkri
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

linny wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 6:43 pm
maxgal wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 4:42 pm
We need a new coffee cup. “Loud and proud LibriVox addict.” I’d buy it. I already have the regular cup although I wish it were a little taller.

https://www.zazzle.com/store/greenkri
Ooh, t-shirts! :D

What a great idea for a mug. I'd buy it too. 8-)
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

...when the idea of nerdy new LV swag is the best part of your day! :clap:
Louise
"every little breeze..."

maxgal

Post by maxgal »

...when yet another morning has gone by while you were "just checking a few things" on LV.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

schrm

Post by schrm »

maxgal wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 11:21 am ...when yet another morning has gone by while you were "just checking a few things" on LV.
totally true!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

You’re concerned that you are pushing up on the two month deadline for some of your sections, but when checking you realize you only joined three weeks ago. :lol:
I think I’m already addicted! Claimed a number of sections, submitted a bunch, BCed a Weekly Poetry, BCing and Editing a play, and just launched my first solo :roll:
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!