You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Ambsweet13 wrote: June 6th, 2020, 8:36 pm I think I’m already addicted! Claimed a number of sections, submitted a bunch, BCed a Weekly Poetry, BCing and Editing a play, and just launched my first solo :roll:
:shock:

Re merchandise, I'd totally buy/create a piece of merch for myself!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

...when you recently moved house and there are some glitches and things to take care of, and your phone and internet service is not yet in place, and everything is in disarray, and you’re buried in boxes ... and all you can think about is how your LV recording schedule is getting sooooo messed up.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

you are texting someone and you think to yourself, when did Apple change the rolling eyes emoji, it used to actually roll, but then you realize you are thinking of the Librivox emoji :roll:
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Ambsweet13 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:42 pm you are texting someone and you think to yourself, when did Apple change the rolling eyes emoji, it used to actually roll, but then you realize you are thinking of the Librivox emoji :roll:
I've done that before, except with the :oops: emoji :lol: It would definitely be something if Amazon had :oops: in its emoji collection, it'd probably be my most used emoji, knowing me :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

You know you’re addicted to Librivox when
You haven’t even recorded your 1-minute test(and don’t even have a microphone)and you are adding your two cents to all the threads that interest you. :lol: :lol: :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 25th, 2019, 3:54 pm

...when you only have to type 'f' for the site to come up :lol:.

That happens to me all the time; and with ‘l’ (for librivox)as well. And here are two other addiction symptoms:
...when you simultaneously listen to someone else’s recordings and forum browse at the same time...
...and when you practically go mad when the copyright of a book you want to record expires in 2098 or something.
By the way, the mic has arrived and my 1-min test has been recorded.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Bookworm360 wrote: June 24th, 2020, 8:34 pm By the way, the mic has arrived and my 1-min test has been recorded.
Did you see that I gave you some feedback on it? :wink:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

...when you have 5 LibriVox tabs open on your computer for all the different things you need to do at once :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

...when you're out of town for a month without any way to record, but you still haunt the forums. On mobile no less!
Last edited by OooThatsNifty on February 10th, 2021, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

JayKitty76 wrote: July 31st, 2020, 1:09 pm ...when you have 5 LibriVox tabs open on your computer for all the different things you need to do at once :lol:
:lol: And here I thought I was the only one with this fractionated thing. :lol:
Louise
"every little breeze..."

maxgal

Post by maxgal »

...when you find yourself diving into a huge number of "off-topic" threads.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

...when you turn on a recording, hear a voice you know, and go ‘hey, I recognize that voice! That was my BC/MC/fellow recorder on a project!’
benderca

Post by benderca »

Bookworm360 wrote: December 15th, 2020, 7:00 pm ...when you turn on a recording, hear a voice you know, and go ‘hey, I recognize that voice! That was my BC/MC/fellow recorder on a project!’
We're waiting for your contribution over at The Story Girl:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=78848&p=1823707#p1823707

(Also, please turn on your private messaging so that I can sent you private messages... :wink: ).
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

How to know when you’re addicted to LV:
1:Don’t go to the forum for a day or two.
2:Come back to find you have ten million notifications and seventeen PMs(slightly exaggerated :wink: ).
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Bookworm360 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 8:40 am How to know when you’re addicted to LV:
1:Don’t go to the forum for a day or two.
2:Come back to find you have ten million notifications and seventeen PMs(slightly exaggerated :wink: ).
Oh my goodness I can totally relate :lol: :help:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~