You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Ah... what a helpful tool to be overlooked :D
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

annise wrote:Its on all the forum pages , just above the first listing on the right
Page 17 of 17 [ 255 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
View unread posts|view new posts|view your posts
Anne

This is genius...!
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
J_N

Post by J_N »

...when you are at the theatre and you listen for things you could use in your recordings :roll:
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
catrose

Post by catrose »

... You're PL-ing from a public computer at the airport, after searching through WH Smiths just in case they have a PD book you could record (they don't! :( )
Cat :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

... you're posting comments on Facebook and keep looking for the smilies standardly used on the LibriVox phpBB forums. Zuckerberg needs to upgrade to a level of this extremely basic bulletin board. :roll:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

... you check out a collection of poetry from a local library specifically because it includes two poems which you want to record for LV, but has better footnotes than the e-text you found earlier, which will allow you to read the text with more understanding (hooray for 16th century Polish poetry and its language :roll:); then you become irritated because the footnoes are still inadequate :roll:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

...You eat breakfast in front of the computer every Saturday morning while PLing.

You also know you're addicted (and sleepy) when you spend five minutes trying to log in to the uploader with your MW password (which you have memorized. Not that I haven't memorized the uploader password and my forum log in password as well.) :roll:
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
catrose

Post by catrose »

Five words. Preparing google documents on vacation! :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
bettine

Post by bettine »

... thou startest typing in thy emails sentences like "thou knowest that thou art addicted..."
Karlsson

Post by Karlsson »

Joggler wrote:When you refresh every 5 minutes, disappointed if there are no new posts.
May be you want to have a look at this tool (MS Windows) :wink: :
"LVNewPosts" (website).

You don't have to log in at LV, bookmark or subscribe for topics, and it is not even necessary to launch a browser. In LVNewPosts you edit your own list of relevant topics in a textfile. One click, and you get a result wether there are new posts or not. Really nice when you MC, BC or DPL a project, I think :D

Karlsson
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

You see this story...

Russia reveals vast diamond source under 62-MILE-WIDE asteroid crater
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204566/Russia-diamonds-Source-Siberian-asteroid-crater-supply-world-markets-3-000-years.html

...and the first thing you think of is The Diamond as Big as the Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald
There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
-- Gore Vidal

Post by Hokuspokus »

Karlsson wrote:
Joggler wrote:When you refresh every 5 minutes, disappointed if there are no new posts.
May be you want to have a look at this tool (MS Windows) :wink: :
"LVNewPosts" (website).
... you are addicted when you create a tool that informs you about new LV posts. :lol: :wink:
(but the forum tool really is not that reliable)
Karlsson

Post by Karlsson »

Hokuspokus wrote: ... you are addicted when you create a tool that informs you about new LV posts. :lol: :wink:
(but the forum tool really is not that reliable)
Oh dear, I'm afraid you're right! :shock:
(BTW: LVNewPosts informed me about your post, Hokuspokus - the forum tool failed again :twisted: )

Karlsson
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

You know you're addicted to LV when your dad complains that he never sees you anymore because you "live at the computer" and you reply "oh, I just had one more section to PL!"
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
catrose

Post by catrose »

I get that! But mostly, I'm sure I'm addicted because EVERYONE at school can tell the difference between a DPL, BC and MC. And they know not to interrupt me when I'm working on my Google Documents!
Cat
charlotteduckett.com