Bloopers - 2

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
realisticspeakers
Posts: 1032
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » February 18th, 2019, 6:47 pm

"Kind reader,
if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

jennlea
Posts: 49
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » February 19th, 2019, 5:41 pm

Brand new and I already have a blooper :lol:

I was trying to say "Here we have a new book about our celebrated nightingale" and it didn't come out quite right!


https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/celebrated_blooper_jb.mp3
-Jenn B.

JayKitty76
Posts: 1378
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » March 2nd, 2019, 12:16 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/myfirstlvblooper.mp3

This is my first LV blooper, probably plenty more to come! In this one, I can't seem to say a phrase...something about the wording of it keeps tripping me up! :lol: <laugh>

I was trying to say 'deceitful' and it came out 'desteitful' twice!
~Rachel
~John 3:16
Want DRs? Elijah, Campbell and I have got you covered! Next DR coming soon!

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 1812
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm
Location: California

Post by lymiewithpurpose » March 2nd, 2019, 12:18 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 12:16 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/myfirstlvblooper.mp3

This is my first LV blooper, probably plenty more to come! In this one, I can't seem to say a phrase...something about the wording of it keeps tripping me up! :lol: <laugh>

I was trying to say 'deceitful' and it came out 'desteitful' twice!
Love it! I hate it when words won't come out right!
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

JayKitty76
Posts: 1378
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » March 2nd, 2019, 12:19 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 12:18 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 12:16 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/myfirstlvblooper.mp3

This is my first LV blooper, probably plenty more to come! In this one, I can't seem to say a phrase...something about the wording of it keeps tripping me up! :lol: <laugh>

I was trying to say 'deceitful' and it came out 'desteitful' twice!
Love it! I hate it when words won't come out right!
Yes, sometimes I wonder if the person who invented the word specifically made it to trip us up! :lol: <laugh> Not really. But maybe they made it specifically for a tongue twister!
~Rachel
~John 3:16
Want DRs? Elijah, Campbell and I have got you covered! Next DR coming soon!

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 1812
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm
Location: California

Post by lymiewithpurpose » March 2nd, 2019, 12:58 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 12:19 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 12:18 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 12:16 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/myfirstlvblooper.mp3

This is my first LV blooper, probably plenty more to come! In this one, I can't seem to say a phrase...something about the wording of it keeps tripping me up! :lol: <laugh>

I was trying to say 'deceitful' and it came out 'desteitful' twice!
Love it! I hate it when words won't come out right!
Yes, sometimes I wonder if the person who invented the word specifically made it to trip us up! :lol: <laugh> Not really. But maybe they made it specifically for a tongue twister!
Ha ha. It is always the simple words that get me though, so maybe not.
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 428
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » March 2nd, 2019, 1:20 pm

Who knew ‘cheek pouch’ could give me so much trouble! I will try to find that file...
Josh Kibbey

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42964
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » March 2nd, 2019, 7:09 pm

When reading a work that has a point to mark the thousands place, rather than marking the decimal: https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/decimalpoint_blooper.mp3

8-)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Report of the President's Commission on Immigration and Naturalization (1953)
Working the polls Monday, Oct 21, all day and night. Canadians: go vote!

mightyfelix
Posts: 4151
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » March 2nd, 2019, 11:56 pm

TriciaG wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 7:09 pm
When reading a work that has a point to mark the thousands place, rather than marking the decimal: https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/decimalpoint_blooper.mp3

8-)
Hahah! Yeah, that's a very different number! :lol:

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42964
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » March 3rd, 2019, 6:49 am

Yeah - I could run 1.110 meters, no problem. I don't think I could run 1,110 meters anymore. :lol:
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Report of the President's Commission on Immigration and Naturalization (1953)
Working the polls Monday, Oct 21, all day and night. Canadians: go vote!

moniaqua
Posts: 1344
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in the south

Post by moniaqua » March 3rd, 2019, 7:13 am

TriciaG wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 6:49 am
Yeah - I could run 1.110 meters, no problem. I don't think I could run 1,110 meters anymore. :lol:
For me it is just the other way round Image

JayKitty76
Posts: 1378
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » March 4th, 2019, 1:55 pm

TriciaG wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 7:09 pm
When reading a work that has a point to mark the thousands place, rather than marking the decimal: https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/decimalpoint_blooper.mp3

8-)
Haha, that's hilarious! Wow, I'd say that is quite a difference... :lol: <laugh>
~Rachel
~John 3:16
Want DRs? Elijah, Campbell and I have got you covered! Next DR coming soon!

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 1812
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm
Location: California

Post by lymiewithpurpose » March 4th, 2019, 1:57 pm

TriciaG wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 7:09 pm
When reading a work that has a point to mark the thousands place, rather than marking the decimal: https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/decimalpoint_blooper.mp3

8-)
This is proof that I was on the right track! I always told my track coach that I thought my perfect event was the 1 meter dash!
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

bobb
Posts: 21
Joined: August 28th, 2018, 7:20 pm

Post by bobb » March 4th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Here's my first blooper!

I said 'college' instead of 'cottage'...plus two more mistakes. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/blooper_reel_1.mp3
~April
My projects:
Chinese Kitten

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1032
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » March 5th, 2019, 9:13 am

Fatal Linguistic Operating Parameter - (F.L.O.P)
Please reset narrator.

https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/bloopers_with-WHAT.mp3
"Kind reader,
if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

Post Reply