We're recording WHAT??

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

TriciaG wrote: September 28th, 2020, 5:48 pm The thread list has...

The Old Tobacco Shop by William Bowen - lt
followed immediately by
Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks-mtf

My advice to keep well? Avoid the old tobacco shop! :lol:
Good advice! :wink:
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

I read ahead a little whilst pling today.

Had to laugh when i thought 'Demi wore a nosegay of dandelions in his buttonhole' said 'Demi wore a nosegay of dandelions in his butthole' :lol:
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Ha! I just posted in the project that that would fit perfectly in here! :shock: :lol:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We are recording a book "La Constipation of Millionaires"? Really ? :shock:
Well no it it is actually
"La Conspiration des milliardaires"

Anne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

annise wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:05 am We are recording a book "La Constipation of Millionaires"? Really ? :shock:
Well no it it is actually
"La Conspiration des milliardaires"

Anne
You're not the only one!
commonsparrow3 wrote: February 16th, 2021, 1:04 pm "La Conspiration des milliardaires" just appeared in the New Projects Launch Pad - and at first glance I mistook it for "The Constipation of Millionaires".
:lol:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I found this funny:

~[2 Sections Left] Out of the Closet: A Collection of Early LGBTQ+ Fiction-ans

2 sections left out of the closet? Ignoring the rest of the title, I guess they should be returned to the closet! :lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Not exactly a book, but I was briefly startled to see a thread title at the head of the Off-Topic Forum announcing Scheduled Librivox Outrage. (I'm pretty new to LV but have kept being pleasantly surprised by the degree to which the tone in here is amiable rather than composed of the dueling outrages that seem to fill a lot of Internet forums. Of course, there are still plenty of outraged books getting read in, including the Tolstoy I'm working on, but...)
Then I saw that it was merely an outage.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ha ha! Yes, periodically we have a real knock-down, drag-out mudslinging outrage event, so that we're nice and pleasant the rest of the time. :lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

TriciaG wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 11:20 am Ha ha! Yes, periodically we have a real knock-down, drag-out mudslinging outrage event, so that we're nice and pleasant the rest of the time. :lol:
Of course! I knew there had to be some explanation...
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Honest, for over a month I wondered why someone would have EVER written a book called "The Valley of Squinting Widows"... :hmm: :oops:
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

It’s graduation time on planet Earth right now, and there are a lot of graduation signs up. I recently saw one that said CONGA RATS! but upon further investigation, turned out to read CONGRATS! :lol:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Bookworm360 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 11:25 am It’s graduation time on planet Earth right now, and there are a lot of graduation signs up. I recently saw one that said CONGA RATS! but upon further investigation, turned out to read CONGRATS! :lol:
Oh wow :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
zachh

Post by zachh »

I was just looking through classified listings and thought I read "Turkey Massage Business" and was trying to imagine who would massage turkeys and why when I realized it actually said Turnkey Massage Business.
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

zachh wrote: May 25th, 2021, 5:04 pm I was just looking through classified listings and thought I read "Turkey Massage Business" and was trying to imagine who would massage turkeys and why when I realized it actually said Turnkey Massage Business.
That just made my day. :lol:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

JoannaHoyt wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 10:55 am Not exactly a book, but I was briefly startled to see a thread title at the head of the Off-Topic Forum announcing Scheduled Librivox Outrage. (I'm pretty new to LV but have kept being pleasantly surprised by the degree to which the tone in here is amiable rather than composed of the dueling outrages that seem to fill a lot of Internet forums. Of course, there are still plenty of outraged books getting read in, including the Tolstoy I'm working on, but...)
Then I saw that it was merely an outage.
:lol: . Good one!!
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink: