We're recording WHAT??

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Cori

Post by Cori »

I'm sure it's not just me who scans down the new posts, and then has to do a quick double-take after seriously misreading a title. Or do you ever have a little chuckle at some of the conjunctions of titles. Share your momentary bursts of synchronicity and nonsense here.

Today's:

No-one Likes Wilkie Collins (is actually No name - Wilkie Collins.)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Some time ago but a new project in the Launch Pad

"Solo Vices are Not Crimes"

turned out to be. once presented in a more standard format

[SOLO] Vices are not Crimes

Anne
Julila

Post by Julila »

Charlotte Lennox with Adv. Novel underneath made me look twice if Annie Lennox had joined us :roll: :lol:.
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Wooster, how would you support a wife? Well, I suppose it depends on whose wife it was, a little gentle pressure beneath the elbow while crossing a busy street usually fits the bill. (P.G. Wodehouse)
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

I always read 'The Scottish Chiefs' as the 'The Scottish Chefs' :lol:

Haggis anyone???

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Starlite wrote:I always read 'The Scottish Chiefs' as the The Scottish Chefs' :lol:
So do I!
English is the lingua franca par excellence
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

This was a while back, but for the longest time I thought The Defiant Agents was The Defiant Angels.

...which would be a pretty cool name for a book. Or a rock band.

Jim
There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
-- Gore Vidal

Post by TriciaG »

The Scottish Chefs (instead of Chiefs). :roll:

EDIT: OK, I just noticed Esther said this already. Funny how so many of us read this one wrong!
Last edited by TriciaG on November 23rd, 2009, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Starlite wrote:I always read 'The Scottish Chiefs' as the 'The Scottish Chefs' :lol:

Haggis anyone???

YES PLEASE Image
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
momof3Chihuahuas

Post by momof3Chihuahuas »

aradlaw wrote:
Starlite wrote:I always read 'The Scottish Chiefs' as the 'The Scottish Chefs' :lol:

Haggis anyone???

YES PLEASE Image
LOL, Esther & David! Haggis---ewww!!! :shock: I've never had it, but from the description I've heard I don't want any! Have you had it, Esther or David? How about some cock-a-leekie soup? :P (My spelling could be off, but that's what it sounds like; I haven't had that either.) Personally I like Scottish shortbread! Yum!

I've heard one Scotsman say that when the food loses its flavor, "that means it's ready." Hee, hee!

MC3
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

MC3 wrote:I've never had it, but from the description I've heard I don't want any! Have you had it, Esther or David?
Yes, Joy, I like haggis :D ...mushy peas and neeps & taters... traditional Robbie Burns dinner.
It's rather like spicy oatmeal :wink:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

Julila wrote:Charlotte Lennox with Adv. Novel underneath made me look twice if Annie Lennox had joined us :roll: :lol:.
if only... she was great in her few scenes in Revolution. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_%281985_film%29
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

momof3Chihuahuas wrote:LOL, Esther & David! Haggis---ewww!!! :shock: I've never had it, but from the description I've heard I don't want any! Have you had it, Esther or David? How about some cock-a-leekie soup? :P (My spelling could be off, but that's what it sounds like; I haven't had that either.)
Both very tasty. Shortbread not bad either.
Alarmingly for Scottish Chefs, however, this year's world porridge-making champion and winner of the coveted Golden Spurtle is an American. :shock:
English is the lingua franca par excellence
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

Our local pub serves haggis. It comes in what are clearly slices from a sausage shape with a plastic skin. Nevertheless, deep fried with a couple of fried eggs and some thick crustry bread and about a quarter of a bottle of tomato sauce it is very tasty.
Don't eat the skin though, it may be more hygenic than a sheep's stomach but it plays merry hell with the digestion!
Regards
Andy Minter
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

ExEmGe wrote:Our local pub serves haggis. It comes in what are clearly slices from a sausage shape with a plastic skin. Nevertheless, deep fried with a couple of fried eggs and some thick crustry bread and about a quarter of a bottle of tomato sauce it is very tasty.
Don't eat the skin though, it may be more hygenic than a sheep's stomach but it plays merry hell with the digestion!
Your description sounds absolutely disgusting.
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
momof3Chihuahuas

Post by momof3Chihuahuas »

catchpenny wrote:
ExEmGe wrote:Our local pub serves haggis. It comes in what are clearly slices from a sausage shape with a plastic skin. Nevertheless, deep fried with a couple of fried eggs and some thick crustry bread and about a quarter of a bottle of tomato sauce it is very tasty.
Your description sounds absolutely disgusting.
Exactly, catchpenny! *nodding* I completely agree! Of course, I've always been the most finicky eater in my immediate family & in my large, extended family too. :wink: Although I'm not a vegetarian, I find that I don't really care much for meat these days; I can eat it, but it doesn't always agree with me. As little as I eat (light blackberry yogurt mainly) I'd think I'd lose weight, but no such luck. :roll: Too sedentary, I suppose. Oh, well. (I do like sweets, though, esp. Milky Way bars, so that could work against me. LOL)

Joy :9:

P.S. David, I know what taters are, of course, but I've forgotten what "neeps" are. I guess I'll look it up---or one of you can enlighten me. LOL