We're recording WHAT??

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

momof3Chihuahuas wrote:
P.S. David, I know what taters are, of course, but I've forgotten what "neeps" are. I guess I'll look it up---or one of you can enlighten me. LOL
Turnips :D
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

catchpenny wrote:
ExEmGe wrote: Our local pub serves haggis. It comes in what are clearly slices from a sausage shape with a plastic skin. Nevertheless, deep fried with a couple of fried eggs and some thick crustry bread and about a quarter of a bottle of tomato sauce it is very tasty.
Don't eat the skin though, it may be more hygenic than a sheep's stomach but it plays merry hell with the digestion!
Your description sounds absolutely disgusting.
Oh well, I understand, different people have different tastes.
But you dont have to eat the bread if you don't want to.
Regards
Andy Minter
momof3Chihuahuas

Post by momof3Chihuahuas »

Thanks, David; I wouldn't eat those either. I've never tasted them, but I don't like the look or smell of them. LOL

And, Andy, of course the bread is the only thing I would eat! :wink: (As you know, probably. LOL)

I know it doesn't make sense, but I decide I don't like things if they don't smell or look right---I don't have to taste them to know I don't like them. I know; I'm weird! :roll:

Joy :mrgreen:
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

ExEmGe wrote:Oh well, I understand, different people have different tastes.
Brilliant :lol:
MC3 wrote:Thanks, David; I wouldn't eat those either. I've never tasted them, but I don't like the look or smell of them. LOL
Well no, turnips don't look too appetizing in the wild, but cooked and mashed and combined with brown sugar... yumm :twisted:

I do think this thread is totally hijacked :mrgreen:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

aradlaw wrote:
momof3Chihuahuas wrote:
P.S. David, I know what taters are, of course, but I've forgotten what "neeps" are. I guess I'll look it up---or one of you can enlighten me. LOL
Turnips :D
Then why do some people persist in calling them neeps? :twisted:
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
momof3Chihuahuas

aradlaw wrote:
ExEmGe wrote:Oh well, I understand, different people have different tastes.
Brilliant :lol:
MC3 wrote:Thanks, David; I wouldn't eat those either. I've never tasted them, but I don't like the look or smell of them. LOL
Well no, turnips don't look too appetizing in the wild, but cooked and mashed and combined with brown sugar... yumm :twisted:

I do think this thread is totally hijacked :mrgreen:
Yep! Oops! And who's the hijacker? *raises hand* :wink: Sorry! I know, Penny. Go figure. Turnips? Tur-neeps? Neeps? *shrugging* And, nope, David, there's still that odd smell with them there "neeps." Ick! (And, yes, bad grammar intentional.) There's never anything I really like much at Thankgiving dinner either (when we go it's because it's a "duty." Aaack!). Except mashed potatoes & a little turkey. I am majorly finicky!

And now we return you to our regularly scheduled topic! :mrgreen:

MC4? :P (Well, if one C stands for "cat"--back-porch feral cat, that is---then technically that's my nick, but, nah, I'll stick to MC3.)
momof3Chihuahuas

Rats, I killed the thread! :oops: Sorry! Come on back, everyone, with the funny/strange "You're reading WHAT!?" subject. It was interesting!

Joy :roll:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I just misread "A brief grammar of the Portuguese language" as "A BAD grammar of the Portuguese language." :roll:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

I thought this said Bitter Angel the first time I saw it.

[SOLO]Better Angel by Richard Meeker
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I keep reading 'The Virginian' as 'The Virgin.'
So little space, so much to say.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Why is "Samson Agonising"

I must go and look up what it actually means (Samson Agonistes ) :oops:

Anne
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

I was going to read my section in Humor of the North, and for a minute, I thought it was Tumor of the North :roll:
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

Proof reader wanted for Wilkie Collins translation E - Ger
I didn't know East Germany had it's own language. Is that like regular German, only with fewer words for luxury items? :)

[note: for those born after the Cold War and attending American public schools, ask your parents what that means...]

Jim
There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
-- Gore Vidal

Post by Julila »

I just read "Tristram & Iseult by Matthew Arnold" as "Tristram Insulted"... :lol:
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Wooster, how would you support a wife? Well, I suppose it depends on whose wife it was, a little gentle pressure beneath the elbow while crossing a busy street usually fits the bill. (P.G. Wodehouse)
Hilara

Post by Hilara »

Julila wrote:I just read "Tristram & Iseult by Matthew Arnold" as "Tristram Insulted"... :lol:
Image Just this moment, I read it that way, too!!! LOL! Tristram insulted by Matthew... :twisted:
-Hitha.