Britain's Got Talent...actually Scotland's got talent!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
anoldfashiongirl

Post by anoldfashiongirl »

~~~ Jami ~~~

Your Life is an occasion, rise to it.
- Mr. Magorium

Signature Loading
(89%/100)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I don't really like that show, but she is an absolutely fantastic singer and far better than most of the people who appear on that show. Good luck to her, she's got the singing talent to go far, hopefully she'll make it.
So little space, so much to say.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I never watch the programme, but saw the item on the BBC site. I sat here and cried. A homely middle-aged lady, that they were all just waiting to laugh at, or be embarrassed by, and she knocked them all out. :D

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

I've never seen the show either, but I caught the clip last night and have watched it several times since. Love it!!
Laurie Anne
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Really does bring tears to the eyes. Go susan.
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

You go girl!!! What a great story!!
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
anoldfashiongirl

I'll watch clips from it sometimes on YouTube. It's like America's Got Talent. Some are just so weird. But a few really do have talent.

I really hope she wins.
~~~ Jami ~~~

- Mr. Magorium

Signature Loading
(89%/100)
Bear Creek Mama

Post by Bear Creek Mama »

That was so incredibly beautiful!! :clap: :clap: Made me cry!!
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

I really don't get all the fuss about this lady. The press over here has been going on about Simon Cowell's phobia against "unattractive" people being able to be stars. All I can think of is Ella Fitzgerald, Janis Joplin, Barbra Streisand, Tracey Thorn (Scottish btw), Patti Smith, Aretha Franklin, and other great women singers who weren't/aren't beauty queens. And this gal who bowled him over is good but she's hardly in the class with these six women. This is exactly why I refuse to watch American Idol. The most talented person to come out of that nasty experience is Jennifer Hudson -- also not a looker. Only one of the other Idol people has something like a career, Kelly Clarkson, but I couldn't pick her out of a crowd. I shiver at the thought of Cowell working at Atlantic Records in, like, the 60's. That creep has zero taste.
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
bublsort

Post by bublsort »

simon cowell is a nasty creep and I won't watch anything he's associated with. Idol and all those other shows are so mean-spirited.
Literaturelover

Post by Literaturelover »

BellonaTimes wrote:I really don't get all the fuss about this lady. The press over here has been going on about Simon Cowell's phobia against "unattractive" people being able to be stars. All I can think of is Ella Fitzgerald, Janis Joplin, Barbra Streisand, Tracey Thorn (Scottish btw), Patti Smith, Aretha Franklin, and other great women singers who weren't/aren't beauty queens. And this gal who bowled him over is good but she's hardly in the class with these six women. This is exactly why I refuse to watch American Idol. The most talented person to come out of that nasty experience is Jennifer Hudson -- also not a looker. Only one of the other Idol people has something like a career, Kelly Clarkson, but I couldn't pick her out of a crowd. I shiver at the thought of Cowell working at Atlantic Records in, like, the 60's. That creep has zero taste.
Have you ever heard of Carrie Underwood? She's doing alright for herself. And Daughtry is doing ok too.
is a girl!!
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

Literaturelover wrote:
BellonaTimes wrote:I really don't get all the fuss about this lady. The press over here has been going on about Simon Cowell's phobia against "unattractive" people being able to be stars. All I can think of is Ella Fitzgerald, Janis Joplin, Barbra Streisand, Tracey Thorn (Scottish btw), Patti Smith, Aretha Franklin, and other great women singers who weren't/aren't beauty queens. And this gal who bowled him over is good but she's hardly in the class with these six women. This is exactly why I refuse to watch American Idol. The most talented person to come out of that nasty experience is Jennifer Hudson -- also not a looker. Only one of the other Idol people has something like a career, Kelly Clarkson, but I couldn't pick her out of a crowd. I shiver at the thought of Cowell working at Atlantic Records in, like, the 60's. That creep has zero taste.
Have you ever heard of Carrie Underwood?
Yes. Unfortunately. Patsy Cline she ain't.
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
anoldfashiongirl

I LOVE Carrie Underwood!! :D
~~~ Jami ~~~

- Mr. Magorium

Signature Loading
(89%/100)