It knitting important?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

pberinstein wrote:One way we could do this is to each knit a square, then take a picture of it and join them all together in Photoshop.

Sick, huh?
Wow.... that's awful! :lol:

So would we need a QC (quilt coordinator) who would manage picture size, resolution, color vs b&w, etc....

My brother and I have been scoping out some silk screening hardware to work on an idea he has - maybe this could be another reason to do it.
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Well, I was half joking. The other way to do it is to have an afghan coordinator who will join all the physical pieces together.
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

When I mentioned silk screening I was referring more to shirts and not a quilt... but an afghan coordinator.... sounds good on a resume I'm guessing.
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Oooooh. A t-shirt of the Librivox afghan. Cool!

Hugh, you're going to end up monetizing this thing eventually whether you like it or not.

:lol:

Of course, we could make it a cooperative....
Paula B
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

pberinstein wrote:Oooooh. A t-shirt of the Librivox afghan. Cool!
HAHA.... We could do Afghan Wigs... oh wait... that's taken.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

we had better leave off this line of discussion before one of us makes a joke that offends someone ;)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

pberinstein wrote:Oooooh. A t-shirt of the Librivox afghan. Cool!
Ok... I couldn't resist:

Reminds me of the time I asked my friend who lived on a dairy farm if they had ever had any cows tipped... and she said: No, but we've had cows spray painted.

Oh, and yes, I did completely violate the copyright of that image... so, we can't put hiim on a t-shirt ... oh well
Last edited by thistlechick on March 28th, 2006, 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Betsie
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

cafepress here we come. I'll wear that. ;)
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

when I get home I'll post pictures... I can't upload to my site from here.

Darnit... I left the files at work... I'll upload tomorrow for the heck of it. :)
BremenThor

Post by BremenThor »

you drifted off a little bit... didn't ya

perhaps we could send the knitting stuff from one user to another, so everyone is knitting a line or two and is sending it to another "victim"
Energy is the only life and is from the Body and Reason is the bound or outward circumference of Energy.
Energy is Eternal Delight.
by W. Blake
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

BremenThor wrote:you drifted off a little bit... didn't ya

perhaps we could send the knitting stuff from one user to another, so everyone is knitting a line or two and is sending it to another "victim"
Haha... I won't give up my address... unless someone wants a ball of yarn again
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

BremenThor wrote:you drifted off a little bit... didn't ya

That is a very cool idea! Quilters actually do this ... they call it "Round Robin" ... one person makes a block and sends it to the next person who then adds a border or some other addition... and it gets sent around until it returns to the original person... and then they have an entire quilt top.

That would be a more realistic project since sewing and fabric creativity tend to come easier to people than learning to knit.... or we could simply do it with no rules and call it "Multimedia Art" ... we could have a theme (i.e. literature) and additions would only be guided by the theme.

Going back to the original question "Why is knitting so important here?" ... I think really what we are dealing with are a bunch of creative people who are driven to create... whether by knitting, or writing, or voicing, etc... a group art project would be a natural extension of this universal quality.
Last edited by thistlechick on March 29th, 2006, 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
~ Betsie
kri

Post by kri »

That sounds like a cool idea :)
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

I think as the project progressed from one person to another, it could start getting a bit heavy and unwieldy. It's great if you're number one or two on the list, but imagine being number 49 or 50!
Paula B
purplecow

Post by purplecow »

I think that Librivox Sox would be cool, too. Hand-knitted socks with an earphone pattern on them? Or something like that?

Incidentally, I admire those of you who can knit while reading. I know how to knit, but I lack coordination and probably couldn't knit and read at the same time.

-Larisa