Where do you LV?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hey, that's a really neat idea!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Cory Newb

Post by Cory Newb »

While I'm driving I do 90% of my LV'ing. I get a good 40-45 minutes a day in while driving to and from work. It's also great when I have longer trips that last 1-2 hours.

I occasionally will listen to it at night, but that is the only other time I get a chance to.
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I spend from 12 till 3 in the laundry of a care home. I listen to audio books while I iron. This means it's the part of my working day I look forward to the most.
So little space, so much to say.
chaplainintraining

Post by chaplainintraining »

I listen while at work. I work overnight at a gas station so it gets pretty boring pretty quick. The books help me get through the night.

A funny story....

I was listening to Dracula a while back and the book was getting real good and scary. It was around 0130 and I was alone in the store with the doors locked. As I listened intently to the story suddenly something smacked me in the back of the head. I literally froze not knowing what to do. Come to find out it was the lid to the ice machine that had fallen and smacked me, but listening to Dracula and getting hit can lead to quite the jumpy situation.
Boliver Allmon III
Chaplain Candidate
US Army
Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?
A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.

www.cepc.org
LaraC

Post by LaraC »

Funny Chaplain!

I work in people's homes (I'm a music therapist) so I spend at least 10 hours a week in the car. I can read A LOT of books that way. It's awesome!!
EllaTandilyan

Post by EllaTandilyan »

I listen to fall asleep too. Or, bad weather and cold outside, I just turn it on and doodle along.
Ella
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

chaplainintraining wrote: April 15th, 2009, 6:34 pm I listen while at work. I work overnight at a gas station so it gets pretty boring pretty quick. The books help me get through the night.

A funny story....

I was listening to Dracula a while back and the book was getting real good and scary. It was around 0130 and I was alone in the store with the doors locked. As I listened intently to the story suddenly something smacked me in the back of the head. I literally froze not knowing what to do. Come to find out it was the lid to the ice machine that had fallen and smacked me, but listening to Dracula and getting hit can lead to quite the jumpy situation.
The lesson to be learned from this is: Do not listen to scary stories after 9:00. :wink: :lol:
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

Like Hugh and TriciaG, I only really listen on long road trips - on a 4+ hour drive. But even then, half the time I spend singing along to music.