Where do you LV?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig »

So where do you listen to your books?
I am a chronic insomniac, have been since i was a teen. So I listen to fall asleep. I don't mean the boring books, the more interesting the faster I can fall asleep! I also listen while I do my work around the house.

How about you?

Where do you Librivox?

__Hazel :D
Robinsgirl

Post by Robinsgirl »

I listen wile I am doing school; also, I listen wile driving to school, but my favorite place to listen is at night. I love to fall asleep listening to a book * since I cant fall asleep reading one*
Robert Frost is my hero!
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Hazel Pethig wrote:
Where do you Librivox?

Everywhere I possibly can...

It's perfect in the car for the trip to the office. It's wonderful for getting through the house cleaning though the vacuum is a bit loud.

and definitely in bed! I, too, have insomnia (hence posting at 5:30am) so it helps me turn my brain off from all the daily cares and eventually shut down for a good night's sleep. OH and they are not the boring books either. I have a few voices (calm and relaxed voices) that I choose to go to sleep with. I may have to listen to the chapter over again in the morning though....

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Claire

Post by Claire »

I listen while exercising and while doing housework on the weekends. Dusting, cleaning the bathrooms, etc, doesn't seem as bad when my mind is engaged. :)
bublsort

Post by bublsort »

i walk a lot, so i listen then. also sometimes for housework or when going to sleep, but i hate having to find the place where i fell asleep the next day. :)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

i listen almost exclusively on long drives in a car which, actually, don't happen all that often.
Bead Krazy Dawn

Post by Bead Krazy Dawn »

I like to listen before I go to sleep. If I don't listen to something, my mind keeps ticking away about things to get done, a conversation with someone, a problem that need attention or something. It's not always easy finding where I left off when I drifted to sleep though. :9:
You can't talk yourself out of what you behaved yourself into. Stephen Covey
FNH

Post by FNH »

I listen on the way to and from work. And at work... And when I get home, but not it bed.

http://CthulhuPodcast.co.uk
http://WriteTheFirstDraft.blogspot.com
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Hazel Pethig wrote:So where do you listen to your books?
You mean we get to listen besides PLing :help:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

Hazel Pethig wrote:So where do you listen to your books?
I am a chronic insomniac, have been since i was a teen. So I listen to fall asleep. I don't mean the boring books, the more interesting the faster I can fall asleep! I also listen while I do my work around the house.

How about you?

Where do you Librivox?
I couldn't bear to listen in bed, I'd hate to miss any part of the story.

I listen while cooking. And when I run out of other podcasts, which does sometimes happen, although not often.
CalmDragon

Post by CalmDragon »

I listen on road trips since the car CD player can play MP3 discs.
Converting some of my old cassette books to MP3s and burning them to discs has helped to extend my enjoyment of those older purchased audiobooks too.
Robinsgirl

Post by Robinsgirl »

Wow! I just had the strangest memory, a revelation if you will. I was on my way to watch my brothers football game, and I was listening to a LV recording of Anne of Green Gables. My attitude toward these recording has changed dramatically since I signed up for the forums. I remember thinking when listening to other things on LV "Oh they didnt say it the way I think they should" or "How boring" or "That person should not be recording" or "Why is it taking so long for them to finish this!" But you know, now that I have seen the work that is put into all this, I dont just hear
"This is a Librivox recording, all Librivox recording are in the public domain, for more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox . org."
I hear.
"This is what I think, come, enjoy this book the way I do. Don't think of the me the reader, think of the words."

Everyone interprets the book differently. Everyone has there own way of saying things. Everyone has there own things to do. Nobody can do everything perfect. These are the things I found out by comming here. I have learned that , We are all the same, in a way that, we love to read. we love the books of old that carry an inocence. We love what we find through these classics. And we love to bring this special happiness to other people, who, wouldnt otherwise bother. I hope this post wasnt too dull, but this is what I have truelly come to find. Hope I didnt bore ya'll to tears.
Robert Frost is my hero!
yazpistachio

Post by yazpistachio »

I'll amen to that! A BIG THANK YOU to all y'all's hard work!

I'm a professional weaver, so I get the privilege of LV ing when I'm working. Gotta love multitasking. :)

Yazpistachio
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I don't listen all that much, actually. Usually on long road trips. I have been trying to listen some while working in the kitchen, but I usually have the AM news radio station on at that time. :oops:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

I LV mostly at work. I do a lot of data entry and research online so I need stimulation to keep me awake when it gets monotonous. I generally mix LV short stories into an Mp3 CDR alongside old-time radio shows. The one book I've listened to is the production of F Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise, which gave me a couple of weeks'-worth of listening pleasure; I also included a selection of Jazz Age 78 rpm recordings -- Norah Baye, Josephine Baker, Bix Beiderbeck, et al -- on the disk. Way cool 8-)
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page