London Review of Books

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
sog

Post by sog »

I am a longstanding subscriber to the fortnightly UK-based literary publication the London Review of Books and as a benefit of this the publishers occasionally give me the opportunity to give a free one year subscription to the LRB to a friend. Each time a free subscription is given it has to be to a different person (and of course to someone who is not already a subscriber.)

Highlights of the LRB can be seen at www.lrb.co.uk. Although it is always worth reading, each issue makes demands on one's time.

I have exhausted my supply of literary friends and acquaintances who have sufficient time to read the LRB, and would therefore like to gift a subscription to someone who would really appreciate it.

If anyone would like to reply to this post suggesting why they (or someone they know) should receive a year's free subscription, I will try to sort out a suitable recipient. They will have to be prepared to supply a name and address for me to give to the LRB.
Replies by 10pm BST on 27.5 please.
Julila

Post by Julila »

Does this apply to non-UK residents as well? In that case, I would most definitely be interested.
I'm a student of Dutch and English literature; which means a love for (English) lit, both reading and analysing. I would love to do a parttime job or some freelance work in editing/translation/..., or at least 'something with books'. While we do have some decent literary reviews over here, these mostly concern translations or books originally written in Dutch. Therefore, it would be quite interesting to read such a publication as this.

Julie.
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Wooster, how would you support a wife? Well, I suppose it depends on whose wife it was, a little gentle pressure beneath the elbow while crossing a busy street usually fits the bill. (P.G. Wodehouse)
sog

Post by sog »

The free subscription can be sent anywhere in the world, apparently.
Julila

Post by Julila »

Then, if no-one else would like it better than me, I would be more than happy to be signed up for it :)!

Julie.
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Wooster, how would you support a wife? Well, I suppose it depends on whose wife it was, a little gentle pressure beneath the elbow while crossing a busy street usually fits the bill. (P.G. Wodehouse)
Cori

Post by Cori »

Julie sounds like a great recipient to me, sog. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!