Tell a joke

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

The Sales Manager from a Woollen Mill was showing a new junior sales rep the ropes in a rural area of New South Wales.

"Okay, you've had all the sales classes. Now I want you to go up to the farmhouse there and sell them some of our woollen yarns. Old Granny Jones lives here, and she does a lot of knitting. And to make your first sale easier, take this suitcase of yarns here with you. The dye lot wasn't quite accurate, and the wools' shades are a bit off-colour, so you can give a 25% discount."

Up the drive goes the junior salesman. Five minutes later, he comes tearing back down the hill like a startled rabbit.

"What happened?" asked the Sales Manager.

"Blowed if I know", replies the young bloke. "As soon as Mrs Jones opened the door, I said, "Good morning, ma'am. Would you be interested in some off-colour yarns ... and the next thing I know I'm being run off the place with a shotgun!""
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Instead of "Kidnapped" by Robert Louis Stevenson, if read literally it is "Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson"

:D
ej400

Post by ej400 »

ej400 wrote:why did the booger cross the road?
Because he was being picked!
I know it's not a good joke.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Recently, my dad and I were driving on a stretch of country road when several wild turkeys decided to meander across the road, causing us to slow to a stop and wait for them to pass.

Me: Why did those turkeys cross the road?
Dad: Is this a joke?
Me: No, I was just asking. Why, is it supposed to be a joke?
Dad: It sounded like one.
Me: Okay, then if it's a joke, what's the punch line?

(Pause. Turkeys wander off. Car continues on its way.)

Dad: Set it up again.
Me: Why did the turkeys cross the road?
Dad: Because the duck dared them to play chicken.

(That's my dad.)
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

commonsparrow3 wrote:Recently, my dad and I were driving on a stretch of country road when several wild turkeys decided to meander across the road, causing us to slow to a stop and wait for them to pass.

(That's my dad.)
That's a guy I could road trip with!
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

ej400 wrote:
ej400 wrote:why did the booger cross the road?
Because he was being picked!
I know it's not a good joke.
Are you trying to increase your post count , or don't you know you can edit your post via the edit button top right hand corner as long as there are no answers ? I do it all the time when I re read my post and find it isn't clear or it has a grammar or spelling goof .

Anne
ej400

Post by ej400 »

No. It's a good joke, but it also is not.

I don't even care how many post's I have.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

A police officer called the station on his radio. "I have an interesting case here. An old lady shot her husband for stepping on the floor she had just mopped." "Have you arrested the woman?"
"Not yet, the floor's still wet."
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

Impatient cow.

Impatient c... MOOOOoooooo!

(This is my daughter's current favourite joke! We have many impatient animals around here at the moment!)
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Recounting an anecdote of our local Anglican Parish in the Insomnia Collection the other day (no, it wasn't to do with any sermon), it occurred to me that I might share the occasional odd anecdote from the ecclesiastical side of Down Under.

The same Rector who I mentioned over in "Insomnia", the one whose family cat used to wander over from the Rectory and sit down the front watching his master deliver the sermon, used to tell about when he was a young assistant priest helping to officiate in the sanctuary. We'll call him 'J'. 'J' is a very small bloke with a low body mass.

Now, when any consecrated wine is left over after Communion, it cannot be thrown away, but must be finished off by the officiating priest and whosoever of the sanctuary party as he invites to assist him.

Now, this particular senior priest had mis-estimated the number of the congregation who would be taking Communion that day, and at the conclusion, had consequently been left with a large chalice still quite full of strong red wine. He walked over to 'J' with the chalice and mumbled something under his breath. 'J' didn't quite hear him clearly, and thought he said something like "Please help me finish this wine off", so he took the chalice and finished off most of what remained.

What the senior priest had actually said to young 'J' was: "If you're not used to strong wine, just take a sip."

'J' maintains to this day that he had to be helped out of the church after the service was over.
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
kayray

Post by kayray »

Lol!!!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

A man named Joe, goes to hell, because he skipped a lot of school.

The Devil says, "Joe you are on level 1 out of 10"

Joe Says, "That doesn't sound bad"

The Devil Says "Heat rises, you would have known that if you did not skip school."
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Nurse to Doctor: "Doctor, the invisible man is in the waiting room."

Doctor to Nurse: "Tell him I can't see him."
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Why is ten afraid of seven?

Because seven eight nine.
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson