Cross Stitch

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Chloey

Post by Chloey » September 20th, 2008, 7:06 pm

I know that there are knitters and crocheters here, but are there any fellow cross-stitchers in the world of Librivox?!?!

I have 2 big pictures in progress right now, & was thinking about posting a picture.
Cross-stitching does take a long time, but I love creating my own art/home decor.

(I can't always find time to read aloud, but I can find quiet time to work on this hobby most evenings.)

Chloey
[b][color=Purple]"There Is No Other Stream." said Aslan.[/b][/color]

SopranoHarmony

Post by SopranoHarmony » September 20th, 2008, 9:37 pm

I occasionally cross-stitch. I'm in the middle of a lighthouse pattern, but I don't think I'm close to finishing anytime soon. Finding spare time is a major issue these days; I'm barely finding times to read for LibriVox.

~Lauren
- Lauren

Putting myself back on hiatus.
PL (prior, since they're not shown on the catalog page): Indian Child Life (DPL), Plato's Laws (solo)

Julila

Post by Julila » September 21st, 2008, 12:07 am

I occasionally cross-stitch as well. I like doing small projects: I'm more inclined to finish those than larger projects. I stitched a border on a small towel for my niece's first birthday a couple of months ago.

I particularly like cross-stitching when listening to an audio-book. I find that my attention floats a bit when I 'only' stitch and likewise I always feel so useless and a bit uncomfortable when 'only' listening to a book, I need to do something with my hands in the meantime. If that makes any sense.

Julie.
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Wooster, how would you support a wife? Well, I suppose it depends on whose wife it was, a little gentle pressure beneath the elbow while crossing a busy street usually fits the bill. (P.G. Wodehouse)

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » September 21st, 2008, 12:09 am

I'm actually working on two large pictures right now! I learned how to cross stitch when I was...er...four, I think? And I've been doing it ever since. :D

I adapted a couple of Teresa Wentzler's patterns and am turning them into challah covers. It's slow going, but it will absolutely be worth it when they are done!
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

anna

Post by anna » September 21st, 2008, 12:11 am

I do a lot of Cross-stitching.

I make samplers, big and small. I'm looking for sampler patterns, but they are hard to find.

I'm now making the Christmas cards.

I do cross stitching when I'm proof listening :D
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite » September 21st, 2008, 2:59 am

Caeristhiona wrote: I adapted a couple of Teresa Wentzler's patterns and am turning them into challah covers. It's slow going, but it will absolutely be worth it when they are done!
Wentzler's patterns are wonderful! I haven't done any myself yet, but maybe some day...
How about sharing some pictures of completed works? (If only I could figure out how to post a picture here... :? )
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Chloey

Post by Chloey » September 21st, 2008, 3:10 am

:) I'm not alone....

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one toiling through a Theresa Wentzler pattern! Oh my goodness....
I'm working on "The Lady Of Chalot" and she is gorgeous!....but very time consuming. I have to take it slow...
as my eyes get stained easily... and the doctor doesn't like that. I too
listen to audio books while stitching. :)

My favorite patterns are from Mirabilia, Passione Ricamo, TW, Lanarte... and some others I have found over the years. I love cross-stitching elegant ladies.

I will go ahead and post a couple of pics.....:)
Last edited by Chloey on September 21st, 2008, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starlite

Post by Starlite » September 21st, 2008, 3:44 am

I used to do a lot of cross stitch but no more as I can't even hold a needle long enough to do anything. I have fibromyalgia and the feeling is much like arthritis in the hands. I actually will drop the needle.

Anyways, I usually did small projects too and have several nice pictures hanging round the house.

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw

Bear Creek Mama

Post by Bear Creek Mama » September 21st, 2008, 5:30 am

Like Esther, I used to cross stitch and I really enjoyed it. These days, I have carpel tunnel syndrome and it hurts to hold the needle and the hoop. :(

anna

Post by anna » September 21st, 2008, 7:10 am

Bear Creek Mama

Post by Bear Creek Mama » September 21st, 2008, 7:35 am

Ans, those are gorgeous!! :clap: :clap:

Chloey

Post by Chloey » September 21st, 2008, 10:57 am

bublsort

Post by bublsort » September 21st, 2008, 12:07 pm

wow it's funny this has been asked, I was wondering the same thing just recently. I love to do cross stitch. I haven't done very much though, only finished 1 picture and some christmas ornaments. it takes so long. but I really like it.

erin

bublsort

Post by bublsort » September 21st, 2008, 12:10 pm

anna wrote:Here are some pictures :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/panaka00/
those samplers are beautiful. Where do you get the patterns, or do you just make them up?

erin

anna

Post by anna » September 21st, 2008, 12:19 pm

The Christmas samplers are from Jan Houtman,his books are difficult to get