Very Unusual Stop-Motion Animation

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
gToon

Post by gToon »

I'm a daily reader of boingboing.net site. I always find unusual and interesting items at that site. Yesterday, there was a listing for a filmmaker who makes stop-motion films (like Gumby or Wallace & Gromit). I went to his site and the films are hilarious. Here is a link:

http://www.eatpes.com/index.html

My favorite is "Dogs of War". In this films, the "Dogs" part takes on an entirely new meaning. Apparently, he also does commercials which you can also watch at his site. The "making of" doc about the making of "Kaboom" is also very well-done. I find his creativity to be inspiring. I hope you do to.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Oh some of these are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!
gToon

Post by gToon »

Aren't they wonderful? The care and craftmanship that went into creating the scens is impressive as well. Glad you liked them.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Yes, they really are. I can't begin to imagine how much work went into them. I love his style AND sense of humor!
gToon

Post by gToon »

Wonderful! Spread the word because I don't think Pes is well-known for his personal work, just the commercials. Be sure to watch the "making of" Kaboom. He explains where he got all of his period props.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Will do!

I'm posting the link on another discussion board, they're going to love this.
gToon

Post by gToon »

Thanks, Sadie!
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

My pleasure!

Do you know if those commericals of his were actually used by the companies, or are they just something he did for his own amusement (and ours)?

The Coinstar commercial has inspired my son to try his hand at coin-art :D
gToon

Post by gToon »

Those were actual professional commercials he did. I think that's how he makes a living.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Ah, good for him! We weren't sure- glad to hear he's getting paid for them.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

oh great, there went anothre 45minutes!! ;)
gToon

Post by gToon »

Yes, but the 45 minutes were well-spent, weren't they, Hugh? Haha :D