Editing Marathon

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
kri

Post by kri »

Posting in off-topic, not discussion because it's a bit of a frivolous subject. Anyway....

Despite the fact that I hate, hate, hate editing...Since I have so many recordings to edit, I'm declaring tomorrow my editing marathon day!! I have the day off, and I have to get up early. I'll have plenty of time, and plenty to edit.

I'm going to have to do the lazy quick edit, without listening over. I'll just have to ask my generous fellow volunteers to take a quick proof-listen to it all afterwards!!

Wish me luck?

Look for my listeners wanted thread in the next few days! :wink:
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

*cheers you on*
I've been recording several chapters and then saving them for editing... and i'm ready to do some editing too... So, I'm going to join you in the editing marathon over the next couple of nights... I have at least 3 to do... i'll check in on you =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
kri

Post by kri »

thistlechick wrote:*cheers you on*
I've been recording several chapters and then saving them for editing... and i'm ready to do some editing too... So, I'm going to join you in the editing marathon over the next couple of nights... I have at least 3 to do... i'll check in on you =)
Thanks!! :) I think I have more than three recordings, heheh. Fortunately a bunch of them are short. I'm sure I can get them done tomorrow!!

Good luck to you Betsie :)
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Happy editing, Kri.

I happen to like editing myself--more than reading, actually. The only problem is that my wrist starts hurting when I do it a lot.

I'm loath to suggest a cooperative effort between us at this time, but perhaps later you can do the readings and I'll edit.
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
kri

Post by kri »

pberinstein wrote:Happy editing, Kri.

I happen to like editing myself--more than reading, actually. The only problem is that my wrist starts hurting when I do it a lot.

I'm loath to suggest a cooperative effort between us at this time, but perhaps later you can do the readings and I'll edit.
Hey, that would be great :)

I have the wrist problem with editing too, although I use the computer quite a bit so..that contributes to it as well.
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

I hate editing as much as anyone, but I always do it right after I shut off the mic. It's easier to remember what was going on in my head as I read the stuff and it's really no worse doing it then than doing it any other time.

Besides, that way it's freakin' DONE and I can move on to something else.

Best of luck on Friday!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
kri

Post by kri »

Thanks Chip! :)

Gosh darn it! The day before an editing marathon is not the time to catch up on your recording, heheh.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Good luck, Kristin and Betsie! A little while ago I resolved to edit straight after recording and so far have stuck with it - it's great!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
kri

Post by kri »

Gesine wrote:Good luck, Kristin and Betsie! A little while ago I resolved to edit straight after recording and so far have stuck with it - it's great!
That's what I did in the very beginning, and because I was excited to get my recordings up and it was a new thing...it was easy. Now....Well, yeah :) I guess I still need to work out a system that works for me.

Perhaps I should take on the Chip diet, as Hugh calls it. We'll see.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

I was so exhausted last night, that I ended up going to bed right after dinner... so didn't get much editing done... but I obviously needed the sleep, so I got something productive done instead =)

Kri, How's the editing going so far today? how about posting a list of the ones you're working on and then we can cheer you on as you check them off the list? ... or at least a link to your entry in the Keeping Track thread?
~ Betsie
kri

Post by kri »

OK, here's my keeping track thread. I have my list in red there (instead of green :D )

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13751#13751

Two done so far!! Four to go.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

whoo hoo
~ Betsie
kri

Post by kri »

I only have two left!! Albeit, they're the longer ones, but let's look on the bright side of things.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

*looks on the bright side*
good job Kri! =)
~ Betsie
kri

Post by kri »

Done Done Done!!

Phew, I'm glad that's over. Now I can record a few of the projects I've been putting off *ahemWifeofBath*ahem.

Thanks for the encouragement Betsie :) How's it going with the few that you needed to edit?