SNOW!!!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
vee

Post by vee »

Yay we finally have snow!!!! For those of you who don't live on the east coast of the US, we pretty much haven't had any snow this winter. But all of a sudden we've got 10 inches!!! I know it's kindof wimpy, only 10 inches, but that's pretty good for suburban maryland. I bet you they're going to cancel school too.

If you don't hear much from me I'm probably out shoveling :)
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

I remember the last time I saw snow! It was Christmastime and we bundled our 6-week-old into the car and drove north to be with both sets of grandparents. While we were at my folks house, it began to snow outside. Tens of millions of little flakes came fluttering down; it was absolutely magical! It didn't really stick to the ground though; just enough to give everything a little dusting of white.

It was December of 1984 and that baby is now coming up on his third wedding anniversary...
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Snow... HA! we've had snow since mid-October and will still have it until mid-April ... but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
VickiB

Post by VickiB »

I couldn't pass up a snow entry, seeing how I introduced myself as "Snowed-in in Newfoundland." I was having a lovely winter until the snow started. Now there's about 10 feet of it where my lawn used to be, and me and my stronger half are beat up in our health. Thank goodness for neighbours with snowblowers who can be bribed with offers of fish and chips. Then again, mid-term break is next week, and we're making plans to head to the woods for some ski-dooing and snuggling. But after that, the snow MUST go! :lol:
kri

Post by kri »

Ten inches is a good bit. As long as the driving isn't terrible, I love it!

We have snow today too, all day in fact. It's not accumulating a whole lot because it's not overly cold. It's getting slushy on the warm roads.

Man it's been an off and on year for us with snow and the warm and cold.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Funny -- we've had an unusually cold winter here in Southern California -- low 60s in the daytime and 40s at night! (i know, I know, that doesn't sound cold to most of you but it feels cold to us :)

Suddenly today we've got what feels like a summer day! I even hung laundry outside to dry and opened up the windows.

I guess we traded weather with the east coast, sorta, heheh.

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

kayray wrote:Funny -- we've had an unusually cold winter here in Southern California -- low 60s in the daytime and 40s at night! (i know, I know, that doesn't sound cold to most of you but it feels cold to us :)

Suddenly today we've got what feels like a summer day! I even hung laundry outside to dry and opened up the windows.

I guess we traded weather with the east coast, sorta, heheh.

Kara
How amazing the difference 100 miles can make. Here in LA, we've had summer weather for the last week and a half. In the 80s, if not warmer. Some deciduous trees have a full set of leaves already, and some are so confused that they have a few autumn stragglers and leaf buds at the same time.
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
RobertG

Post by RobertG »

So how you guys doing out there, Vee? Sitll enthusiastic about the snow?

The northeast got hit pretty hard, I see. We've been very cold in Seattle but clear skies.

I for one am ready for summer...
[size=92]http://climber53.com
[i]a one thin dime production[/i][/size]
[size=75][color=blue]-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-[/color]
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/RobertGarrison]project status is in the wiki[/url][/size]
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

It was 31F as I drove into work Monday morning. Yesterday afternoon I heard a curious sound I couldn't at first identify. It turned out to be the air conditioner kicking on as the inside temp went above 78F - outside it was 84F.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
vee

Post by vee »

The snow's all GONE!!!! We had 3 straight days of 60+ weather and now we have no snow, just some big muddy patches.

sniff sniff,
I barely had time
to enjoy ye snow.
Why did you leave so soon.
Come back!
Come back!
How I pine for thee.

(didn't so so well in English class :) )
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
kri

Post by kri »

vee wrote:The snow's all GONE!!!! We had 3 straight days of 60+ weather and now we have no snow, just some big muddy patches.

sniff sniff,
I barely had time
to enjoy ye snow.
Why did you leave so soon.
Come back!
Come back!
How I pine for thee.

(didn't so so well in English class :) )
Come visit us in northeast US, especially New Hampshire. We may not have snow on the ground now, but that could very easily change. Yesterday it was quite cold, but the sun was out. Suddenly it was snowing and really windy for like...15 minutes. Then it was cold and sunny again. You really don't know what to expect here sometimes.
RobertG

Post by RobertG »

vee wrote:(didn't so so well in English class :) )
Every good writer needs an editor, Vee. Here's a red pencil of your wonderful poem. Feel free to record it, too-- it will never make it out of the public domain! :lol:

Vee's Lament

I barely had time
to enjoy ye snow-
Why did you leave so soon?
Return to rime!
Return to blow!
My heart for thee doth swoon.
[size=92]http://climber53.com
[i]a one thin dime production[/i][/size]
[size=75][color=blue]-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-[/color]
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/RobertGarrison]project status is in the wiki[/url][/size]
vee

Post by vee »

Hmmm... I'll have to figure out how to put it in PD :) That would be hilarious.

Thanks for the edit. It really does sound a whole lot better :D My high-school english teachers would be proud.
Chris Vee
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

*happy dance* Snow day!!!

Now maybe I can get something useful done instead of sitting in the office wishing I could get something useful done =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!