Modern books that you wish we could record.

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The Princess Bride! I love and adore that book! Not sure when it was published but the author died in 1993 (UK) so life plus 70 makes it PD in Jan of 2064! :shock:
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

So Harry Potter and Doctor Who Novels. Also the Hunger Games. All DRs! :twisted:
Aaron
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

annise wrote:re Bambi accordong to Wikipedia
The American copyright of the novel is currently set to expire on January 1, 2022,[10] while in the European union it entered the public domain in 1 January 2016.

Anne
Oh good! I should still be here. I'll sign up for it. :wink:
VivienneWolf

Post by VivienneWolf »

If I could record a modern book it would be the Anne of Green Gables series. Those are wonderful, charming, enchanting books. It would be nice to give them a voice for future generations.
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

You can :) They're PD and I think there's at least 2 of them going right now!
Adele

Post by TriciaG »

They're not ALL PD. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

While it's not going to be available for a long time (it was published 1997), I would love to do 'Le Ton beau de Marot: In Praise of the Music of Language'. Though to be precise, I don't want to read the whole book (it's quite long), but just the poems.

You see, in between chapters about "the meaning, strengths, failings, and beauty of translation", there are many translations (mostly by the author) of a 16th-century French poem, 'A une damoyselle malade' (of varying degrees of 'accuracy'). I like the idea of having many different translations of the same poem as a poetry collection, as it's not something you get very often.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

The books of Ralph Moody (Little Britches, Man of the Family, etc.) would be fun to record, when they become PD. Also Margot Benary-Isbert's "The Ark" would be wonderful to record. If I am not mistaken, The Ark will become PD in 2049.