Tyler, Texas ANYTHING Club!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
3D Joel

Post by 3D Joel »

Hello! I'm Joel and I'm starting a little club here in Tyler, TX! although anyone from anywhere can join!

This club (if anyone wants to join, that is) will be for anything ... well not anything(let's keep it 'G' folks) the pointe of this club is to leave the cares of the world behind you and focus on your own art form whatever it may be!

for instance my art forms are; Dancing, animation, drawing and writing, In order of importance.

Post what your artforms are!
gboozer

Post by gboozer »

Joel,

So you're that pin nearest my brand-new one!

My art forms are singing, writing, designing in Second Life, cooking, designing clothing and living well :-)

Glenda
New
Douglass, TX

3D Joel wrote:Hello! I'm Joel and I'm starting a little club here in Tyler, TX! although anyone from anywhere can join!

This club (if anyone wants to join, that is) will be for anything ... well not anything(let's keep it 'G' folks) the pointe of this club is to leave the cares of the world behind you and focus on your own art form whatever it may be!

for instance my art forms are; Dancing, animation, drawing and writing, In order of importance.

3D Joel

Post by 3D Joel »

Glad to see someone took interest
Although what is second life??
Is is some type of online game??

sense you like designing clothing.. How do you do it?
Do you just draw an out line of something new and then add details?
Or do you just picture it in your head?

Anyways, if you post some of your clothing as drawings (as in scanning them in) I would like to create some 3D models of your beautiful clothing!
gboozer wrote:Joel,

My art forms are singing, writing, designing in Second Life, cooking, designing clothing and living well :-)

Glenda
New
Douglass, TX

3D Joel wrote:Hello! I'm Joel and I'm starting a little club here in Tyler, TX! although anyone from anywhere can join!

gboozer

Post by gboozer »

Joel,

Second life is an online simulated world. I have little time to play with it, but many educational institutions are taking an interest. When I do go in there, I find that, though I am incredibly clumsy in real life, I can certainly design on the computer. I guess I hadn't thought of doing it otherwise.

In the real world, I use existing graphics to design t-shirts, I create sarongs and outfits that use them (I conducted a sarong workshop last year at a conference), I modify existing garments, and I design things from scratch, but not from drawings. Sometimes I envision a garment and go looking for the materials, and sometimes I see some fabric (or a curtain or something) and imagine what can be made of it.

I'll have to take some snapshots of some of my Second Life outfits and post them to you. I'm so camera-shy that I won't promise any real-life pictures.

Glenda
3D Joel wrote:Glad to see someone took interest
Although what is second life??
Is is some type of online game??

sense you like designing clothing.. How do you do it?
Do you just draw an out line of something new and then add details?
Or do you just picture it in your head?

Anyways, if you post some of your clothing as drawings (as in scanning them in) I would like to create some 3D models of your beautiful clothing!
gboozer wrote:Joel,

Glenda
New
Douglass, TX
3D Joel

Post by 3D Joel »

Sorry it took so long to post back I didn't have internet for a few days :(

But some screen shot of you clothing in second life would be great you can see some of my stinker animations at my youtube account

If you are at all interested check out my tutorials and to suggest a tutorial post a comment on my youtube account home page!
gboozer

Post by gboozer »

Joel,

I was asked to take on some extra classes and so haven't even tested my new microphone :-(

Glenda
3D Joel wrote:Sorry it took so long to post back I didn't have internet for a few days :(

But some screen shot of you clothing in second life would be great you can see some of my stinker animations at my youtube account

If you are at all interested check out my tutorials and to suggest a tutorial post a comment on my youtube account home page!
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Where is Tyler in relation to, say... Waco? :)
Karen S.
alana

Post by alana »

I'm not in Tyler, Texas, but I've been THROUGH Tyler, Texas. Close enough.

My art forms are making videos on Youtube and creating vector graphics in Adobe Illustrator. I have used some material from Librivox in some of my videos.

Alana
3D Joel

Post by 3D Joel »

tyler to waco?... uh google map it and you really don't have to be here to pertisapate