How do you find absolute calm?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
SSherris

Post by SSherris »

I *was* reading at night after my infant son went to sleep. Now that he's a little older, even with the doors closed I'm scared to death that I'll wake him up. He's old enough to open his eyes and realize that Mommy and Daddy aren't in his room anymore and it's SOOO hard to get him back to sleep.

Hopefully that phase will pass and I can make better use of my evenings :)
mlemmons

Post by mlemmons »

This is the one and only time that I will ever, ever say that I am occasionally grateful that my husband plays World of Warcraft and Dungeons and Dragons. I record in the evenings Fridays while he is playing with the guys and then Saturday mornings before he gets up. (Even when I sleep late I get up hours before him) I do editing on Thursday nights while he is at home playing WoW (that way I can pretend that we are spending time together...)

All together this is not a lot of time, but with school being so crazy and my long commute, I am usually bushed on weeknights anyways. I am having a harder time with my recordings now, b/c my super geek hubby just built a new computer in a gaming case that has 8 fans! It is really loud and has definitely increased the amount of noise that I have to clean out.

Melissa
arturo

Post by arturo »

catchpenny wrote: I've tried reading early in the morning, but my voice for the first 3-4 pages sounds like I just got up. Maybe I should go out in the front yard and yodel.
these are some tips i picked up from a professional singer:

-get 8 hours of sleep and plenty of water(the day before) and it will help your voice.

-have some water instead of cofee when you are getting ready to record as cafeine will dehydrate you.

-warm-up a little and you should sound great.
LauraKoskinen

Post by LauraKoskinen »

arturo wrote:-have some water instead of cofee when you are getting ready to record as cafeine will dehydrate you.
Well, I can't quite do this one because then I can't stay awake to read the text..... he,he,he,he,

We had a terrible summer with many loud contruction/building issues in the neighborhood. BUT, it sounds like I have better opportunity to record than many others on this string. We have no pets and my 3 kids to to school and I'm still home full time because the youngest is age 3 and in school half time.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1343]LauraKoskinen[/url] Help us read about nasty scheming Lizzie Eustace. Go to ... [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13776]The Eustace Diamonds[/url]
Aperi

Post by Aperi »

Well, if you really can't stay awake without the caffeine, I always find that green tea with lots of honey works well... :)