You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

brownrottger wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 7:21 am
Mozartjr wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 6:34 pm When you haven't cried about anything in years, but you almost cry when you haven't had any notifications for the past two or three days :cry: :cry:
My solution? Sign up for more projects!!
This is obviously the correct answer.
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

mightyfelix wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:06 am
brownrottger wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 7:21 am
Mozartjr wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 6:34 pm When you haven't cried about anything in years, but you almost cry when you haven't had any notifications for the past two or three days :cry: :cry:
My solution? Sign up for more projects!!
This is obviously the correct answer.
Well, yeah.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

So, since most people won't see this post until after the outage, the question is...How did you make it through the outage? How did you spend the day or so without LV? Who had LV withdrawal symptoms?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Know you're addicted when ... the site goes down and you feel like a piece of your heart has been ripped out! Also, you suffer because you know there are at least 7 notifications that you hadn't gotten to but are listed in your actual email which you hardly ever check because ... well, you know why!
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

icequeen wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:33 pm So, since most people won't see this post until after the outage, the question is...How did you make it through the outage? How did you spend the day or so without LV? Who had LV withdrawal symptoms?
How did I spend the time?
Withdrawal City.
And I'm the Mayor.
Yesterday (Day 2) I lost count of how many times I clicked unsuccessfully the LV icon on my "Favorites" bar.
My machine's cold-as-ice message -- that it couldn't find LV on my server -- was a cruel & heartless taunt.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

maxgal wrote: December 7th, 2022, 2:28 pm
icequeen wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:33 pm So, since most people won't see this post until after the outage, the question is...How did you make it through the outage? How did you spend the day or so without LV? Who had LV withdrawal symptoms?
How did I spend the time?
Withdrawal City.
And I'm the Mayor.
Yesterday (Day 2) I lost count of how many times I clicked unsuccessfully the LV icon on my "Favorites" bar.
My machine's cold-as-ice message -- that it couldn't find LV on my server -- was a cruel & heartless taunt.
Yeah, spent most of the time clicking refresh ... maybe now?....maybe now? And complaining to my family of my suffering!
GeraldAMoe

Post by GeraldAMoe »

To err is human, but to really screw up your day takes a computer
I read, therefore I am.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Luckily, I'd seen notices about it beforehand, and I downloaded all my PL files, and then all the files needed to edit a couple of DR chapters, so I would have many hours of LV work on hand during Mon/Tue.

It did feel WEIRD not signing on and seeing fresh posts on my feed of projects, or interacting with folks on the boards!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

I was VERY WEIRD getting on the computer and realizing, "that's right, no LibriVox today!" but I worked on my pre-downloaded DPL files, so I made it :clap:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

... when you start the New Year with a claiming, recording and editing spree :mrgreen:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
GeraldAMoe

Post by GeraldAMoe »

You record the first chapter of your new project before you even have an MC
I read, therefore I am.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

I FREAKED OUT for a while, then remembered it was probably a temporary outage. And then checked the site every hour or so until it went back up the next day(but I did go to sleep at a reasonable hour :wink: )
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Not being able to really do anything for LibriVox for a week really makes you grumpy.
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Native American history--Come read about removal plans, education, and laws:
Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1837
GeraldAMoe

Post by GeraldAMoe »

when you check every 5 or 10 minutes to see if a new post has come in after this one

What? there's nothing new!

Did it REALLY refresh when I clicked refresh???
I better try again...... and once more just to be sure
I read, therefore I am.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

GeraldAMoe wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 11:47 pm when you check every 5 or 10 minutes to see if a new post has come in after this one

What? there's nothing new!

Did it REALLY refresh when I clicked refresh???
I better try again...... and once more just to be sure
Same :lol: