Cataract Surgeries

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

I am still around. I had cataract surgery on September 7. The cataract was several years old and had become calcified. As a result, it took two hours, and I felt almost everything the surgeon did! After it was over, I had a panic attack on the way home. It's the first one that I've had in months, and I hoped I would never have another one.

Therefore, I decided to take a break from Librivox. I had just finished my first book, so it was a good time for a vacation. My vision is improving faster than even the doctor had thought, and she calls me regularly at home to check on me in addition to my weekly appointments. She has been so good, and I feel completely at ease having her do the right eye. She said she is in no hurry to operate on it because it is barely ready for surgery. Such a difference in eyes which is unusual!

I still plan to do volunteer work for Librivox when I can see better and recover from the trauma of the first surgery. I just wanted to let you know I am still here and plan to help as soon as I'm able to. It will be a long winter, so I look forward to my next project. Right now, I can't say when that will be.

Come up with me a good dramatic role of some spoiled brat when I get back! I love doing those a little too much! It's no reflection on my childhood or my personality--well, maybe a little. I do enjoy being spoiled! LOL
Some people think holding on is tough; sometimes it's letting go.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Best wishes for a quick recovery and a successful right eye surgery.
:thumbs:
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

I hope too that you recover fast and do not have to face such health concerns again. :D

What is panic attack by the way?

Also,My vision sometimes get blurry especially after I wake up from sleep.Do I have cataract too? :shock: