The Place For All Your 'Nonsense' Questions To Be Answered By Your Fellow Librivoxers

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

AdhiraamBose wrote: June 10th, 2022, 11:13 am So the earning from the sales of clothes also goes into charity rather than profits?Wow!That is indeed a good system.
Well, the sales of the clothes originally went to profits. This is the second sale of them.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

AdhiraamBose wrote: June 10th, 2022, 11:15 am By the way,TriciaG and MightyFelix Ma'am,tell me when you people are ready for a change of Topic.
It was your question, so I'd say you have the right to decide whether you want to keep it open a little longer or not.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

mightyfelix wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:20 pm
AdhiraamBose wrote: June 10th, 2022, 11:15 am By the way,TriciaG and MightyFelix Ma'am,tell me when you people are ready for a change of Topic.
It was your question, so I'd say you have the right to decide whether you want to keep it open a little longer or not.
Yes I know,but you two were having a conversation.And,If I were to change the topic without asking you two,won't that be impolite?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I don't think so. It was just side chatter.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

mightyfelix wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:36 pm Oh, I don't think so. It was just side chatter.
Okay then. :)
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Next Question Please.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

My Question Is:-
How to get my house rid of tree frogs(The ones that can stick to walls like spiders)?
It has been raining here for some days and as a result a lot of tree frogs are coming in my house and causing annoyance.
My father uses Black Phenyl(this is what we call it) to keep snakes away from the house and he claims that it works for frogs too.But I am unsure.
Does anybody know any method to keep tree frogs away from my house?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We don't have tree frogs here in Canada; it's too cold for them. Sorry!
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

TriciaG wrote: June 18th, 2022, 7:17 am We don't have tree frogs here in Canada; it's too cold for them. Sorry!
A slight change of topic ma'am.Since we talked about Saving Money in my last question on this thread and since I came to know that you are Canadian,I wanted to ask:Are there some stores in Canada where every product is sold below 5 Dollars?

And a request(To you and everyone else):If you ever come across a question or doubt that you believe would be good to discuss with others,please post them here.I had created this thread with the ambition to have a place where people(especially students and teenagers) can ask questions without the fear of being thought of as idiots(and also that I don't want to feel like I am the only idiot out here by asking all the questions myself :lol: ).
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

A slight change of topic ma'am.Since we talked about Saving Money in my last question on this thread and since I came to know that you are Canadian,I wanted to ask:Are there some stores in Canada where every product is sold below 5 Dollars?
Yes, we do, several different chains of stores. It's almost all cheap items from China. They are making a lot of profit lately, even with such small prices. I guess they make enough profit on each small item. :)
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Ma'am,actually you were not supposed to post your question until the person who posted the last question(In this case Myself) has been satisfied with an answer and has agreed to a change of topic(See the very first post of this thread).
I understand you were unaware and I think expecting for any more answers on my last question is worthless.Please delete this post of yours and Repost it after my next post.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Next Question Please.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Rapunzelina wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 9:16 am Oh I'm sorry. I thought you were finished because you made a change of topic above.

That's fine, I'll delete my question.
You can now Repost it.
AdhiraamBose wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 8:17 am Next Question Please.
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Here is my question:

This may be a fairly easy question to answer, but I don't know the answer, and I have wondered about it for a long time:

What exactly is sleep? I know that the brain in a way "shuts off" when you go to sleep, but, furthermore, how come closing your eyes is sort of the cue for the brain to go into sleep mode? It could be because then there is no input going in when your eyes are shut, but then how come I can still sleep when it is loud around me? Hopefully this question makes sense.

Mozartjr
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Hey,How about I make two more threads on this exact same topic so that the queue on each thread can be shortened(as the rules do not allow the posting of a new question until the last one is answered)?I actually have exams nearby and thus wanted to solve some of my doubts.I also wanted to know the opinion of others regarding this idea.