[NOT LV] Female Voice Needed for Audio Book in Production

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
billbird2111

Post by billbird2111 » January 25th, 2019, 10:18 pm

I need a female voice for an audio book I am narrating about U.S. Navy Submarine Service in World War II. The characters in this book, and even the name of the sub, are fictional. However, the war patrols and the details surrounding how Gato and Tench class subs operated during service in the Pacific are not. The author of this book served aboard a Gato Class submarine following the war for six years between Korea and Vietnam, and has a great story to tell. He spent decades attending reunions among submariners, and spoke at length during this period to the men who served in the South Pacific during the war. The patrols are not only based upon official war records held by the Navy, but also the recollections of the veterans who served aboard these submarines.

This is a really good book. I am nearing the halfway point of production, but the book screams for a female voice. Most of the roles are wives of the men who served, I won't lie. But these are roles for a woman who can give me a young voice. And there is also one woman who is not married to a serviceman. She's fictional, she's a Filipina guerilla leader and she's absolutely badass (if I can say that word).

I need a lady who is willing to take on these roles for a small share of the profits. This is one of those 50-50 shares through ACX. For those of you who have experience with narrating books through ACX, you know that these books can be hit, or miss. And there are plenty of misses.

If you are interested in auditioning for roles such as this (multiple female roles), I have audition scripts for you. Please contact me at billbird2111 ATTHINGY yahoo DOTTHINGY com if you are interested. I will send you audition scripts for you to read and you will either need to upload them to a source like Sound Cloud or any other source of your choosing. Again, these are wives of service officers. There is some intimacy in some of these roles but absolutely NO SMUT. And the payoff is two Filipina lady roles that will absolutely knock your socks off. If you sound like a Filipina, that's great. But I'd much rather give these parts to a lady who can absolutely nail these roles to the wall -- great accent or no great accent.

There is pay for this, provided the book sells. It's all based upon how many copies are sold. If you know how ACX works, it can be enormously profitable. It can also result in ZIPPO. It's all based on book sales. My risk is as big as yours will be. I'm getting nothing up front. You will be sharing in my profits, providing there are any.

But I can promise you this much. This book is a tribute to my father and two uncles from both my mother and father's side of the families. This effort is for them. All three served in either the European or South Pacific Theaters of World War II. It is because of this service, that you get only my best effort as a narrator and producer. It's the least I can do. For them.

So, please. Ladies, give me you best shot. Books that come out today about REAL World War II service are few and far between. To be honest? Many WW II veterans, like my father, died in the 1970's. This book contains actual events that really happened. These kinds of books, today, are very rare. The author of this novel is in his eighties. I'd like to give him a little bit of real world justice.

Thank you.
Last edited by Availle on January 26th, 2019, 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: editing email address to prevent harvesting

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » January 25th, 2019, 10:25 pm

Hi there and welcome! :D

This is a perfectly reasonable and permitted request. I'll move this to the appropriate forum (Off Topic) and mark this as [NOT LV]. Please remember to post here when you found your reader (here or otherwise) so that we can close the thread.

Other than this: Good luck with it!
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

billbird2111

Post by billbird2111 » January 25th, 2019, 10:35 pm

I would need to create a new post for this, Ava. Is that acceptable? And what would be the acceptable forum to use to make this offer?

Thank you!

Bill

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » January 25th, 2019, 11:47 pm

Just post below here for more info to keep everything in one place.

Edit: or EDIT your post above :wink:
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

billbird2111

Post by billbird2111 » January 26th, 2019, 8:05 pm

Ava,

It's OK about editing the email address. This is an old address that I created in 1999. Trust me when I tell you that spammers got this email address years ago. I don't think you can find any additional spammers. And if you do? No big deal. I will just add them to the other bunch. It's not a problem.

Thanks, Ava.

Bill

hale67

Post by hale67 » April 14th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Bill,

I would like to submit samples for your project. I am not clear on your email format. Is that 2 separate addresses (yahoo and AT&T)?

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » April 15th, 2019, 12:09 pm

No, the "at thingy" is an @ :lol: ... so it's just plain ol' Yahoo. Note the post is some months old now, and the poster didn't follow up to say they were still looking so ...
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

hale67

Post by hale67 » April 15th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Ok. I thought that probably was the case but wanted to be sure. I’ll give it a try. Thank you.