[CLOSED] HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Torfinn
Posts: 20
Joined: October 8th, 2014, 8:22 am

Post by Torfinn » July 13th, 2018, 3:27 am

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 2:13 am
Australian accent here.

This would be an example of it being cranked up to maximum: https://librivox.org/bill-doreens-courtship-selections-from-the-songs-of-a-sentimental-bloke-by-c-j-dennis/


Regards,
Chris
Chris: I´m sure there will be a text for you to read. At the moment we really lack male readers. However, none of the texts that are completed would work with an Australian accent (this is strictly a narrative issue). Would you be able to do it a bit more toned down?

Elizabby
Posts: 7752
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » July 13th, 2018, 4:06 am

Oh sure. My natural voice is Australian, though when I narrate I try to take the edge off the accent and aim for a more neutral-to-British sound.

I'm a bit relieved you don't want the full Scottish accent - I learned it for that role specifically and I'm not sure I could do it again for any length of time! That was only a small role, luckily!

mightyfelix
Posts: 2585
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » July 13th, 2018, 11:13 am

Torfinn wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:14 am

Devorah: We would definitely be keen on using your voice. If I´m not wrong you have a kind of neutral American accent? If you are willing to try it out we could send you a text we think suitable.
Yes, I'd be willing to try it. I do think of my accent as a kind of neutral American. Sometimes with just a touch of Texan thrown in, as that's where I grew up. But many Texans I meet on a daily basis assume, from my voice, that I'm from somewhere else! :lol:

Torfinn
Posts: 20
Joined: October 8th, 2014, 8:22 am

Post by Torfinn » July 15th, 2018, 5:28 am

mightyfelix wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 11:13 am
Torfinn wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:14 am

Devorah: We would definitely be keen on using your voice. If I´m not wrong you have a kind of neutral American accent? If you are willing to try it out we could send you a text we think suitable.
Yes, I'd be willing to try it. I do think of my accent as a kind of neutral American. Sometimes with just a touch of Texan thrown in, as that's where I grew up. But many Texans I meet on a daily basis assume, from my voice, that I'm from somewhere else! :lol:

I think your accent on the recordings I heard was perfect, we just need find a suitable text for you.

Torfinn
Posts: 20
Joined: October 8th, 2014, 8:22 am

Post by Torfinn » July 15th, 2018, 5:49 am

Does any of you know if there are some male Scottish readers on here? We also need some male, mature voices. Recommendations are really appreciated!

Horner94
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am

Post by Horner94 » July 15th, 2018, 8:28 am

Hello -

Sounds very interesting. I have a Northern Irish accent.

I am new to Librivox, but here is a sample of my voice recorded: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_Horner94.mp3

Look forward to hearing back from you.



Regards,
Chad

Torfinn
Posts: 20
Joined: October 8th, 2014, 8:22 am

Post by Torfinn » July 16th, 2018, 2:24 am

Hello Chad!

Thanks for showing interest. I really like your voice and your accent. The audio quality is very poor though. Would you be able to improve this? I will PM you shortly.

Horner94
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am

Post by Horner94 » July 16th, 2018, 8:40 am

Hello Tor-Finn,

I really appreciate your comments. I am using Audacity. I have lowered the volume and the updated version can be found at the following link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_Horner94.mp3

Regards,
Chad

Foon
Posts: 1803
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » July 16th, 2018, 1:27 pm

Hi Tor-Finn,
This looks like a fun project. If you could use another female voice, I'd be happy to help out! I don't have so much as a "real" accent, but English people often think I have a subtle Irish accent (in reality, I'm not a native speaker, which is why my accent doesn't really fit a geographical region). My catalog page is in my signature if you want to give it a listen.

Cheers,
Foon
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!

Readers needed:
Arabian Nights (Vol. 10)

PL needed:
Swanhilde (section 8)

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1120
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » July 16th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Torfinn wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:27 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 2:13 am
Australian accent here.

This would be an example of it being cranked up to maximum: https://librivox.org/bill-doreens-courtship-selections-from-the-songs-of-a-sentimental-bloke-by-c-j-dennis/


Regards,
Chris
Chris: I´m sure there will be a text for you to read. At the moment we really lack male readers. However, none of the texts that are completed would work with an Australian accent (this is strictly a narrative issue). Would you be able to do it a bit more toned down?
I can tone it down, but I don’t think I can entirely eliminate my Australian accent.

This is what it sounds like toned down: http://www.archive.org/download/shakedown_on_the_floor_1804.poem_librivox/shakedown_lawson_sote_128kb.mp3

Regards,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

Torfinn
Posts: 20
Joined: October 8th, 2014, 8:22 am

Post by Torfinn » July 17th, 2018, 6:18 am

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 2:44 pm
Torfinn wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:27 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 2:13 am
Australian accent here.

This would be an example of it being cranked up to maximum: https://librivox.org/bill-doreens-courtship-selections-from-the-songs-of-a-sentimental-bloke-by-c-j-dennis/


Regards,
Chris
Chris: I´m sure there will be a text for you to read. At the moment we really lack male readers. However, none of the texts that are completed would work with an Australian accent (this is strictly a narrative issue). Would you be able to do it a bit more toned down?
I can tone it down, but I don’t think I can entirely eliminate my Australian accent.

This is what it sounds like toned down: http://www.archive.org/download/shakedown_on_the_floor_1804.poem_librivox/shakedown_lawson_sote_128kb.mp3

Regards,
Chris

Great, I wasn´t suggesting that you should eliminate it. Will be in touch soon!

Torfinn
Posts: 20
Joined: October 8th, 2014, 8:22 am

Post by Torfinn » July 17th, 2018, 6:20 am

Foon wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 1:27 pm
Hi Tor-Finn,
This looks like a fun project. If you could use another female voice, I'd be happy to help out! I don't have so much as a "real" accent, but English people often think I have a subtle Irish accent (in reality, I'm not a native speaker, which is why my accent doesn't really fit a geographical region). My catalog page is in my signature if you want to give it a listen.

Cheers,
Foon

Hello Foon! I really appreciate your willingness to participate. I will PM you soon.

Torfinn
Posts: 20
Joined: October 8th, 2014, 8:22 am

Post by Torfinn » July 17th, 2018, 6:20 am

Horner94 wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 8:40 am
Hello Tor-Finn,

I really appreciate your comments. I am using Audacity. I have lowered the volume and the updated version can be found at the following link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_Horner94.mp3

Regards,
Chad

Thanks again Chad! I will answer you by email.

Kozmique
Posts: 23
Joined: July 30th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Post by Kozmique » August 20th, 2018, 9:19 am

I see I'm a bit late, but are you still looking for readers? I'm an artist from Los Angeles, CA. I have a low, pleasant voice and a neutral, fairly malleable accent that people in other countries often have a hard time placing at first. I'm new to Librivox, and just had my first recording approved: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/swanhilde_12_hauff_128kb.mp3

Torfinn
Posts: 20
Joined: October 8th, 2014, 8:22 am

Post by Torfinn » August 22nd, 2018, 10:01 am

Kozmique wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 9:19 am
I see I'm a bit late, but are you still looking for readers? I'm an artist from Los Angeles, CA. I have a low, pleasant voice and a neutral, fairly malleable accent that people in other countries often have a hard time placing at first. I'm new to Librivox, and just had my first recording approved: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/swanhilde_12_hauff_128kb.mp3

Hello! You are not too late. We are still very much looking for readers for the film that will be exhibited on October 20th. Here is a link to the show:

https://www.modernamuseet.se/stockholm/en/exhibitions/moderna-exhibition-2018

I like your voice and accent, but as with a few other people your low audio quality could be an issue. Would it be possible for you to improve on this?

Thank´s for showing interest!

Post Reply