Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently November 21st, 2017, 8:44 pm

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post Posted:: July 12th, 2016, 7:24 pm 

linny wrote:
Monaxi wrote:
I've never lost my voice before. It's definitely not fun.

Take care of your voice the best you can! Although I have my voice at the moment, I had to have a big molar tooth pulled last week. That makes reading aloud difficult as well. But recording is my therapy for just about everything else, so I'll get back to it ASAP!

Post Posted:: August 5th, 2016, 4:33 am 

When you are recording along and your stomach starts growling so loudly the microphone picks it up! :roll:

Plays: Parson's Wedding The Mikado
FULL: Jo's Boys Little Men W&D Martyr

Coming! Amulet DR

Post Posted:: August 5th, 2016, 8:15 am 

Elizabby wrote:
When you are recording along and your stomach starts growling so loudly the microphone picks it up! :roll:

Eat, eat!! Your voice needs it! :D

Post Posted:: August 24th, 2016, 10:15 am 

Oh, and now I have another "don't you hate" - don't you hate it when the quiet people who lived next door move out, and the house is rented to at least 7 people who seem to have nothing better to do than sit in the back yard drinking beer and laughing nonstop - 24 hours a day?? :evil:

Post Posted:: August 24th, 2016, 10:25 am 

stoogeswoman wrote:
Oh, and now I have another "don't you hate" - don't you hate it when the quiet people who lived next door move out, and the house is rented to at least 7 people who seem to have nothing better to do than sit in the back yard drinking beer and laughing nonstop - 24 hours a day?? :evil:

Oh no! I'm so sorry for you! I have a great variety of noises to work around, but noisy neighbors...that's terrible!

Post Posted:: August 24th, 2016, 11:16 am 

Monaxi wrote:
stoogeswoman wrote:

Oh no! I'm so sorry for you! I have a great variety of noises to work around, but noisy neighbors...that's terrible!

Thanks! It's really frustrating because they're on the side of the house where my recording studio is. :cry:

Fortunately, so far they haven't been loud enough to penetrate to the actual recording - just loud enough for me to hear them WHILE I'm recording, which throws me off!

Just went over there and asked them, as politely as I could, to keep the noise down. Mainly because in addition to the laughing and screaming, they'd just turned on a boom box!! :help:

Post Posted:: August 24th, 2016, 11:21 pm 

I have twice moved home in the past where the noisy neighbours were definitly an influence ... once when I was renting a flat near a pub, and found Live Music, two nights a week! (I hadn't even thought about the possible noise when I first looked at the flat.)

Not just because of the LV recording, of course, but the recording did make me sensitive to noise.

Peter

Post Posted:: August 25th, 2016, 7:58 pm 

If I were renting (not to mention single), I'd be outta here. But alas, we're homeowners so it's not quite that easy.

Also, ever since I went over and gave them the "please turn that noise DOWN!!" speech, I've noticed it's been very, very quiet over there ... almost TOO quiet ... hmm, wonder if they're planning some kind of retaliation? :lol:

Post Posted:: August 26th, 2016, 4:55 am 

stoogeswoman wrote:
Also, ever since I went over and gave them the "please turn that noise DOWN!!" speech, I've noticed it's been very, very quiet over there ... almost TOO quiet ... hmm, wonder if they're planning some kind of retaliation? :lol:

Perhaps they're just a little bit more aware that they have neighbours now that you've pointed it out to them :p

Post Posted:: October 17th, 2016, 2:55 pm 

...when during the rebuild you can't shake the feeling that you are forgetting a project? :roll:

I can't get over how much we have already recovered! Great job everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey, we get new T-shirts now. We survived the LV crash of 2016. :wink:

My DPL list

Post Posted:: October 18th, 2016, 1:21 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

i looked at a work-related project today which i hadnt opened in two weeks or so, fully expecting that the document had reverted to an earlier version too. then i remembered that the crash didnt affect my non-librivox life.

Looking for amazing poetry? Check out the poetry of Thomas Hood and Ben King!

Post Posted:: October 18th, 2016, 4:37 am 

Carolin wrote:
i looked at a work-related project today which i hadnt opened in two weeks or so, fully expecting that the document had reverted to an earlier version too. then i remembered that the crash didnt affect my non-librivox life.

That should go to "you know you're addicted, when..." :lol:

Post Posted:: July 10th, 2017, 5:05 am 

When you're editing (i.e. need to hear the recording, so not "silent mode") and mom decides to use the blender downstairs...

Post Posted:: July 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm 

When you were all set to record and a series of torrential downpour thunderstorms keep rolling thorough....

That's my noble master!
What shall I do? say what; what shall I do?

- Ariel: The Tempest

Post Posted:: July 16th, 2017, 6:41 pm 

...when you're all set to record and the maintenance crew of the apartment complex comes through with blowers and lawn mowers when the outside already looks good.

...when you're all set to record and the neighbors shoot off fireworks at random times and July 4th has already come and gone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next