PUSH FOR COMPLETION! pls read

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8001
Joined: September 26th, 2005, 4:14 am
Location: Montreal, QC
Contact:

Post by hugh » January 15th, 2006, 10:22 am

This is a temporary sticky.

We are trying very hard to complete 5 books by Feb 15. The books are:
92% Aesop's Fables
78% Childhood
75% Leaves of Grass
71% Pride and Prejudice
71% Grimm's Fairy Tales

Book Coordinators will be contacting their readers and asking if they can get their sections done on time. If not, the chaps will be put up for auction in the Orphaned Chapters thread:
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140

It would be a great help if keeners, newbies, and readers with time on thier hands could check out Orphaned Chapters and sign up to help us finish these 5 books.

Thanks!

Gesine
Posts: 14156
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » January 15th, 2006, 10:43 am

Note to Book coordinators:
Please manage the claimed chapters in "Orphaned Books" as you would manage them in your book thread, i.e. if someone claims one, put their name next to it (as well as updating your book project with the new names!). Once all chapters from your post have been claimed, an admin can remove the post and its relevant replies to keep the Orphaned Books sticky 'clean' and easy to browse.

I will also update the Orphaned Books sticky with this so everyone knows what to do.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

hugh
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8001
Joined: September 26th, 2005, 4:14 am
Location: Montreal, QC
Contact:

Post by hugh » January 15th, 2006, 11:19 am

thanks gesine

thistlechick
Posts: 6178
Joined: November 30th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by thistlechick » January 22nd, 2006, 1:38 pm

Progress Update:

100% Aesop's Fables
89% Childhood
81% Grimm's Fairy Tales
75% Leaves of Grass
71% Pride and Prejudice

Whoo Hoo!!!! Great job Aesop's Fable Readers! =)

Here are a few more (though not officially in our "push") that are nearing completion:

79% Princess of Mars
78% War of the Worlds
74% Importance of Being Earnest
64% Journey to the Interior of the Earth
63% White Fang
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!

BradBush
Posts: 173
Joined: October 18th, 2005, 3:41 pm
Location: Texas

Post by BradBush » January 22nd, 2006, 4:35 pm

I think it is more helpful to look at the number of files that need to be completed, as it really is proportionate to the time to chase down the stray readers, get them all done, etc. An example is Through the Looking Glass at only 60% done, but only 4 files to go.

Maybe we should update the book coordinator template to add something like this at the top (will be very easy with the catalog system):

Total Chapters 20
Total Claimed 15 (75%) - Remaining to Claim 5 (25%)
Total Complete 9 (45%) - Remaining to complete 11 (55%)

Just a suggestion.

Brad

wolvrin
Posts: 70
Joined: December 20th, 2005, 9:19 am
Location: London, England

Post by wolvrin » January 22nd, 2006, 4:39 pm

I've put in something like this on the tracker for "A Tale of Two Cities" - very visual, gets the point across immediately.

Image

thistlechick
Posts: 6178
Joined: November 30th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by thistlechick » January 22nd, 2006, 5:14 pm

Well, I happen to have that information at my fingertips as well:

Number of files to complete:

0 Aesop's Fables
1 Childhood
12 Grimm's Fairy Tales
7 Leaves of Grass
9 Pride and Prejudice

Whoo Hoo!!!! Great job Aesop's Fable Readers! =)

Here are a few more (though not officially in our "push") that are nearing completion:

6 Princess of Mars
6 War of the Worlds
6 Importance of Being Earnest
5 Journey to the Interior of the Earth
6 White Fang
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!

pberinstein
Posts: 550
Joined: September 26th, 2005, 5:47 pm

Post by pberinstein » January 28th, 2006, 11:56 am

Earnest isn't anywhere near being done, Betsie. Only Act 1 is close to completion, and that's without sound effects.
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com

thistlechick
Posts: 6178
Joined: November 30th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by thistlechick » January 28th, 2006, 12:15 pm

pberinstein wrote:Earnest isn't anywhere near being done, Betsie. Only Act 1 is close to completion, and that's without sound effects.
Oh, yes, I understand... I think that goes right along with what Brad was saying about percentages don't fully reflect the amount of work left to be done on any project... similarly, the number of files still remaining doesn't really reflect the amount of work left on a project. Statistics must always be taken with a grain of salt =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!

thistlechick
Posts: 6178
Joined: November 30th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by thistlechick » February 1st, 2006, 7:45 pm

Reality Check... how's progress going on the 4 books remaining in our goal?

15 days left ;)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!

kayray
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11869
Joined: September 26th, 2005, 9:10 am
Location: Union City, California
Contact:

Post by kayray » February 1st, 2006, 8:20 pm

Still waiting for about 10 Grimms' Tales -- just posted a gentle reminder :)

We might have the Potter stories done by then, too!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

LibraryLady
Posts: 3117
Joined: November 29th, 2005, 5:10 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Post by LibraryLady » February 1st, 2006, 10:24 pm

Shakespeare's Sonnets isn't part of the official push but it is almost finished. Chris, if you have orphaned segments of Pride and Prejudice, feel free to harvest my solo project!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman

Gesine
Posts: 14156
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » February 11th, 2006, 3:37 pm

So how are we doing on this? :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

kayray
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11869
Joined: September 26th, 2005, 9:10 am
Location: Union City, California
Contact:

Post by kayray » February 11th, 2006, 5:27 pm

I've just posted 8 Grimms' orphans... All eight original readers _said_ they still wanted to read but I haven't heard from any of them in a month, and none have responded to my last round of posts/emails/PMs. So, I need fresh readers!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

Gesine
Posts: 14156
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » February 11th, 2006, 6:46 pm

I should also have a German novel and a Latin psalm ready by the 15th.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Post Reply