Librivox Youtube Channel

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Hi there,
I had an idea... (it might be a bad one :lol: )...
What do you think about having a Librivox Youtube Channel, where we would set the narration to video, (say, a picture, for example).
Just a suggestion...there could already be something like it, but I don't know. Just thought I would put it out there.
Mozartjr
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Many YouTube channels already do this. Just go to YouTube and search for LibriVox audio books.

The one below is maintained br BengW who is a member here.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LibriVoxAudiobooks

See latest post here
Jo
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

Exactly. It is already live and doing well. All our recordings are available and new ones are uploaded as soon as the cover is completed.

The process is fully automated by now. It is a Python script that uses the Librivox API to receive information about available recordings. If new ones are available and the cover is available, the cover and 128k MP3 files are downloaded and a video is rendered using FFmpeg chapter by chapter. The meta data such as title, descriptions, genres, chapters and authors is also collected to create a complete YouTube video package. The package is uploaded using the YouTube v3 API. The playlists are maintained by a separate script since I had issues with them in the past but I am currently integrating them into the main script. It has been running for more than four years now and it took almost three years since the beginning only to catch up with he backlog.

I try to share some statistics of the channel each month that might be of interest in the statistics thread as seen above.

If you have any feedback how to improve the channel or how I report the data please let me know!