Valuable Information On Lesser Known Authors

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

I found that Ann Austin has an Wikipedia Page that is absent on her Author's Page On Librivox.
The reason I am sure that both the pages are of the same person is that Wikipedia provides the Project Gutenberg link to Anne Austin where the Book 'Murder At The Bridge' is mentioned.I would still reccomend a Fact-Check though.

Wikipedia Link:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Austin

Author's Page Link:
https://librivox.org/author/4522?primary_key=4522&search_category=author&search_page=1&search_form=get_results

Welcome Again :mrgreen: .

By the way,please tell me whether what I am doing is helpfull or annoying for You people.
Last edited by AdhiraamBose on June 20th, 2021, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The Wikipedia page is to an Ann Austin who was born 200 years before the author. The Gutenberg link on that page is incorrect.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Thanks for noticing and caring about such things. It's very helpful and useful. You might want to help out with the effort to link Wikipedia and LibriVox pages with each other. See the discussion at:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=71898
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Okay,then may I please delete this thread so as to prevent the server space from filling up?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

AdhiraamBose wrote: June 20th, 2021, 6:54 am Okay,then may I please delete this thread so as to prevent the server space from filling up?
I don't think we're worried so much about server space. But if there are a lot of threads related to the same topic, it can clutter up the forum and make it hard to find other things.

I agree with Tricia's suggestion on your other thread that, if you plan to do this with several authors, just post one topic and then post each new piece of information as a new post in that topic.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Okay,
Now I understand what she meant to say.

Thank You very Much.I though did not find any Wikipedia Link later but,I did find some pages having Information on lesser known Authors.I would paste them here so that People can get to know about Authors they find interesting from here.