COMPLETE - MARCH to the FINISH LINE - 2021 Cleanup Month

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alanmapstone wrote: March 31st, 2021, 6:30 pm Poems by Roderick Quinn is fully recorded and PL OKed.
It just needs someone to catalogue it. Sonia is MC but she will be asleep at this time.
"April is the cruelest month..." --- T. S. Eliot
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I catalogued one project now and I think the date now is April 1st, so we are officially over. It was a great group effort though, so cool !!!

Now waiting for Todd's wrap-up poem. :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

32 March. No, don’t panic – it is really 1 April and the Cleanup is over. Relax.

Our Cleanup is done;
I hope you’ve had fun
We reduced project backlog,
And expanded our catalog.

Veni, and Voxi, and Maxi Libri!
We made more completions than we dreamed we would see.
More than ever before in a month full of days
Is the cataloged total we now here have raised.

Solos, and Books in group collaborations,
With people who read them coming from many nations.
Poetry and Stories, DRs and Plays,
And PLs and DPLs all having their says.

Some old projects filled that had just been sitting
When people tried out new things and found interests fitting.
A big boost of excitement as these started to go;
Some all to completion, well, what do you know!

Some projects filled but didn’t quite make it,
But they in the future will still play an important bit;
They will cause us to have a nice big April bump
When finally, they, too, finish all in a lump.

Some of you kept other LV projects on track
So many could cleanup, knowing you had our back.
Even if you couldn’t help with the specific items we listed,
Remember you also served who only creatively kibitzed!

So praise to us all!
Readers and PLer’s – stand tall!
Our BCs and MCs – please take a deep bow!
Finally rest, well deserved, can be taken now.

We cataloged a total of 186 items in this cleanup, blowing away the previous best March (121), and well surpassing the best total from any previous anytime month (155). Some 40 of the completions are listed on the first posting, but many others were also cataloged, and we leave the month with some 40 projects now filled that had open sections at the start of the month, in some cases of very long standing.

Any guesses as to what this means the 2021 annual total might look like? (Hint: 186 in 31 days is 6 items per day.) Keep your guesses to yourself for now – a long nap is in my future.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

this is a brilliant poem, Todd :9: :clap:

Thank you for the very entertaining March Challenge. I really enjoyed participating and the group efforts warmed my heart.

On to new challenges....

I fear beating this monthly record will be hard.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2021, 4:53 pm "HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME" --- T. S. Eliot
ToddHW wrote: March 31st, 2021, 5:26 pm Patience. Patience. Deep breath in. Slowly breathe out. Deep breath in. Slowly breathe out....

We'll all know in the morning. Sort of. We won't really know for sure the month of March has ended for the LV database until we see something posted at Archive with an April date. Unfortunately, we don't appear to currently have anything more in the Archive processing queue to give us that clue. We have, in other words, too few new queue clues due to view....

Thanks, Todd
I now have some info on this conundrum. Two new queue clues to view for you! Woo Hoo!

Early Essays was submitted around 4pm Eastern Time (EDT) on 31 Mar with MC post noting completion just after 6pm EDT. Archive claims the completion time is just after 8pm 31 Mar their time, leading one to think that Archive time could be Greenwich Time (GMT) - and the completion was unnoticed for a little while.

American Bee Journal was submitted at about 12:30am Eastern Time 1 Apr with MC post noting completion just after 1am. Archive claims completion time is 4:39am 1 Apr. So again a 4 hour later difference to the time (with no delay this time), supporting the hypothesis that Archive uses GMT.

So, next time you wonder when a project date deadline actually occurs, the answer appears to be GMT. In other words, we have a ZULU queue.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Greenwich Mean Time rules the world :thumbs:

Have you heard about English radio announcer who said on air "It's ten o'clock Green-wich (pause) Meantime here is the news" :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Things have definitely slowed down around here the past day or two! There were only 2 projects cataloged yesterday, and only 3 (so far) today.

The place feels like a party room after the party is over. Guess I'll pick up some napkins that fell on the floor and straighten up the chairs. :lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

And eat the leftover cake(i.e listen to the completed works). :wink:
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌