LIBRIVOX NARRATOR WORKSHOP 2! [ZOOM, FEB 28]

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

I find LibriVoxers very willing to share, and we have several who have more than a decade of expertise, so I would attend weekly meetings at least every other week, if my schedule allows. How exciting to think of recruiting professional voice actors to give us an hour of their time gratis!
Thanks for the thoughts. I think for right now I'll just track the number of views the YouTube is getting while I work on an improved version. If the traffic is high that might suggest more live events.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
Cheops911

Post by Cheops911 »

Thank you for making this happen Mark, much appreciated, and gleaned!
As a side note, I can't believe you omitted Simon Vance from your recommended narrator list :)
Did you ever notice once you recorded your first bit of narration, you listen to audiobooks in a whole new light. Every book I listen to narrated by Simon, I feel as though I'm privy to a one-on-one masterclass.

Cheers!

E.M. Allen
"I've always talked to myself, now I just hit record beforehand..."
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Cheops911 wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:34 am Thank you for making this happen Mark, much appreciated, and gleaned!
As a side note, I can't believe you omitted Simon Vance from your recommended narrator list :)
Did you ever notice once you recorded your first bit of narration, you listen to audiobooks in a whole new light. Every book I listen to narrated by Simon, I feel as though I'm privy to a one-on-one masterclass.

Cheers!

E.M. Allen
Glad you found it useful. The Simon Vance omission was a pure oversight; he has more awards than I've recorded audiobooks. I could easily have named 20 more.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

This was very good, and it has got me back into recording for LV, after a bad period of inactivity. It's nice to get back behind a good mic again.

One thing I've recently discovered about my reading is that I unconsciously emphasise the first word of a sentence, especially after a mistake and a repeat of the sentence. This leads to a lot of editing to each time reduce the dynamic of that word. And so I'm trying to speak softly overall, and not to emphasise unless it's really necessary. Hope this helps.
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi Mark

A special thank you for your dedicated youtube narrator workshop. I spent 2 days viewing it and plan to review it often. I know you paid your money to attend the audiobook seminars and I appreciate the time you spent sharing the knowledge you learned with us"old timers" on LV.

Thank you for all your dedication. This old dog (78 y/o) has learned new tricks which I plan to put into practice, ASAP.