A Couple Site Changes: Magic Window Links & Pick Lists

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We've had the benefit of a volunteer software developer working behind the scenes on our software. A couple of the changes directly affect BCs, soloists, PLs, and readers:

Auto-complete may be working better now, both on the reader pick list and in the author pick lists. :9: The lists should just plain load faster.

I don't know if this will fix the "flash then disappear" bug that was so annoying. That bug wasn't reproducible in the development area.

Also, instead of getting the spinny-thing which made the "focus" shift out of the box (so that we had to click back in the box to add/remove letters), the spinny-thing is gone. So you stay in the box.

And, All Links in the Magic Window now are forced to open in a new tab/window. No more telling people to Ctrl-click their name, and no more need for "target=_blank" in html links in the Notes field.

YAY!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

This seems to fix the flash then disappear thing. Very pleasant :)

If it's ever an option to fix, the uploader displaying kilobytes when it means megabytes is a single letter than somehow bugs me a lot heh.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yeah, that was an irritant from the beginning! As I recall, that is a plug-in or something, that we don't have editing capability to fix. Maybe in the 8 years since it was implemented it has been updated. :roll:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
schrm

Post by schrm »

i was wondering about that..

big huge thx to the hero-developer!
:D :clap:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Twinkle88