Cassandra Campbell audiobook narrator

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
david wales

Post by david wales »

Check out the New York Times article Dec 20 on professional audiobook recorder Cassandra Campbell:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/10/books/review/delia-owens-where-the-crawdads-sing.html
Peace, David
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

david wales wrote: December 20th, 2020, 6:06 pm Check out the New York Times article Dec 20 on professional audiobook recorder Cassandra Campbell:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/10/books/review/delia-owens-where-the-crawdads-sing.html
Thanks for pointing out this article! I especially like when the best-selling audiobook narrator says her recording studio is now "in the garage, next to the paint cans. It’s not glamorous.” She finds that her home studio is working better than going into the recording studio because "The isolation allows her to disappear further into the story, an experience she describes as part meditation, part vigorous interaction with the language. She says, “You know you’re on the right track when you disappear into the story.""
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Very true. You "become" the characters
Jo
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

GraceBuchanan wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 5:45 am "The isolation allows her to disappear further into the story, an experience she describes as part meditation, part vigorous interaction with the language.
Far be it from me to harsh her mellow, but is she certain that it’s not the paint-thinner fumes?

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox